Thoth under the magnifying glass

Mamadukes

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping right in here. I am new to the forum and to the study of the Thoth. It is going to take me forever to go through all the threads for this study group, there is a ton of information. But one thing I wanted to ask, or mention is this. Last night I was looking at my Thoth deck, and yes, I was using a magnifying glass, when I noticed that several of the cards had a 3D like affect to them. The ones that seemed to really pop out were the 3 of disks, The Aeon, 6 of Cups, 10 of Wands, Prince of Swords,and 2 of Wands. I thought this was really cool, then I thought to my self, "self, why don't you check them out with the 3D glasses?" (my daughters) so I did. The Aeon and the 3 of Disks were really awesome with them on. Has anyone else noticed this? I was also wondering to myself if this might have had something to do with the projected geometry that Lady Harris was so interested in. Though I couldn't make a sensible connection for this. But who knows. Could be.

edited to add: I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed, I have gone through several (many) threads and haven't seen anything about it yet.

wildchilde

Hi Mamadukes! Welcome to the AT forum!!! jump in all you want...that's why we're all here!

You bring up an interesting topic. I had noticed this about several of the cards as well, but had not ever thought to actually investigate it with 3-D glasses!! How interesting.

I don't remember this being discussed before, so perhaps there will be more posts on the subject from the hard core Thoth users. I love the deck...especially with trimmed borders (if you haven't tried it, check that out!)...but I confess I don't use it as much as some of my other decks.

hmmm...where are my glassess? without them i'm powerless...:D

Abrac

Hi Mamadukes and welcome. :)

I've noticed this to some degree on nearly every tarot card I've examined with a magnifying glass. Some of them really jump out at ya. I think it might have something to do with the printing process though I'm really not sure. I've never tried 3-D glasses though, sounds wild!

-fof