FAVORITE of the POCKET DECKS that are out

Padma

I have a couple of lidded tin boxes that gift wallets came in. They make perfectly serviceable deck tins, even if they do say "Nautica" and "Pierre Cardin" on them.

Woot! Thanks for the helpful tip, Barleywine :) I can always buy some and tart mine up with paint! I am sure my son and husband will appreciate the wallets ;)

Barleywine

Woot! Thanks for the helpful tip, Barleywine :) I can always buy some and tart mine up with paint! I am sure my son and husband will appreciate the wallets ;)

Check the thickness on them first. They might not hold a deck in its cardboard box. I have one that does and one that doesn't.

Padma

Check the thickness on them first. They might not hold a deck in its cardboard box. I have one that does and one that doesn't.

Good point. I will bring a few decks of varying width and depth with me. Mostly, I would like the tins for decks that came in an awful boxed kit with the way-too-big white cardboard box to store them in!

So as to not get too off topic - none of the decks I actually *really* like come in the pocket size...and they (pocket size) just seem too small to really peer into.

Richard

Favorite is the Königsfurt Urania Premium Edition Pocketgrösse Tarot von A. E. Waite. A close second is the tinned pocket edition of the Smith-Waite Centennial.

Madrigal

I can't pick a favorite. I like them all :D

Denever

These are my two favorites as well, but the Centennial Smith-Waite comes first for me.

Favorite is the Königsfurt Urania Premium Edition Pocketgrösse Tarot von A. E. Waite. A close second is the tinned pocket edition of the Smith-Waite Centennial.

Le Fanu

I've been put off this by talk of slightly-too-wide borders. But now I might need to rethink... I LOVE the standard sized one.

devilkitty

Rosetta in a tin.

That said, I'd much rather have a full-size pack. My eyes aren't getting any younger.

CharlotteK

The Von Waite is also my favourite pocket deck, with the Morgan Greer in a tin the one I always carry with me due to it's indestructibility whilst knocking about in the bottom of a tote bag.

Not quite pocket but almost, is the Distant Past poker size deck, which is lovely and on fab cardstock.

Carojulie

Hello,

My favourite pocket size is the kind that come in a tin. It is between standard size and true mini size. A good compromise for a deck that will be transported in a purse (or pocket), and that will be used during lunchbreak, on the small corner of a coffee table.

My favourites pocket decks are :
- the Vanessa tarot in a tin, that i like very very much (actually I would love to have it in a standard size too, but it cannot be found)
- the small size Distant Past tarot (does not come in a tin, but the size is similar. I crocheted a pouch for it so it is safely protected when transported)
- The Bohemian Gothic mini deck, though it is smaller than the tin size, and really too small IMO. It would be cool if it came in the tin size. It comes in a small sturdy cardboard box that is good for protection.
- the Motherpeace mini round deck (I also crocheted a pouch for transport)
- The Centenial RWS in a tin.

I also have these but I use them a lot less :
- The Aquarian in a tin (I prefer the Centennial RWS)
- The Zerner Farber deck (it is the standard size I think, and very small, about the size of the tin decks. Pretty but images are a little busy.... I like it but I just have many decks that I like more)
- The Pagan cats mini deck (too small, and Lo Scarabeo just cannot help but adding these awful borders with the name of the card in fifty different languages, even on their mini decks - so the deck itself is already too small, the image itself is minuscule, the borders are ruining the look of it, and if you trim the borders away you are left with cards that are the size of a post stamp)
- The Visconti Sforza mini deck and the Klimt mini deck (both are too small. The images on both are beautiful, and ruined by the lame borders with the name of the card)

Side note of the tins that house the pocket decks : they are ideal for transport and protection ; BUT they can take a lot of rough things when dropped inside a purse of pocket, like bumping against sharp keys, etc. After a while they might get really scratched and bumped, and my fear is that they would not close as tight once older. Imagine if they fall open at the bottom of a purse, and spill the cards everywhere ! So, for safety reasons, I prefer to put the tin inside a light cotton pouch, just to be on the safe side. At the very least I would recommand putting an elastic band around the tin before dropping the tin in a tote bag. Am I overcautious ?