Negative aspects of positive cards

PageofWords

3 of Cups: A love triangle which will give you migraine headaches, confusion and regrets after a threesome.

Lovers: A love triangle again. Decisions to be made by another party, but those decisions may be quite against your expectations.

Hierophant: Positively it can signify a marriage to come, or hearing divine guidance right. Negatively it's all about things staying the same and boring, quite like the Hanged Man. It's also about rigidity or the rigid attitude of another party.

2 of Cups: It's there to stand for a relationship or a marriage utterly against your expectations, as an obstacle.

Devil: For me that was a positive card to get for relationships, since it signifies great passion, true that, but it's all about great danger and insanity. It actually scares me to see this card nowadays. It can also stand for someone unreliable and that you should definitely refrain from.

10 of Cups: It's really all there is to this, and all is well this way (even if it doesn't feel so to you), why do you ask?

Yay thanks for choosing your cards! I haven't thought about the 2 of cups that way. Obviously sometimes relationships DO feel like an obstacle even if they are helping you progress individually. I really like your take on the Devil. Passion is amazing and (for me) a necessary in a relationship. It's quite hard to rekindle as well

PageofWords

"Let them eat cake" (qu'ils mangent de la brioche) is famously and probably apocryphally attributed to Marie Antoinette, after being told that the masses in Paris are revolting because they have no bread to eat. The idea is of a clueless wealthy person who fails to properly grasp other people's problems because their wealth has isolated them. And that's one potentially negative meaning of 9 Coins.

Ah yes i can definitely see this for the 9 of cups. It does have an air of unrelatability to it.

PageofWords

Negative 10 of Cups - Satiety.

An attempt to find fulfilment in material things. A deeper, non-material need is not being met and substitutes are sought in an effort to numb the pain. Ultimately this course of action is unsatisfactory. The underlying problem still remains and the 'hunger' will return.

Examples might include binge eating 'comfort foods'. Or maybe the darker side of modern consumer culture.
"Buying things makes you happy ..... for a little while. })

I would have thought this is more 10 of pentacles than 10 of cups mostly because pentacles are about material items and cups are about relationship but I think they both have that feeling.

What is your take on negative aspects of the World card?

Aeon418

I would have thought this is more 10 of pentacles than 10 of cups mostly because pentacles are about material items and cups are about relationship but I think they both have that feeling.
All the 10's have aspects that are connected to the physical and the material, but each card has a different angle.

What is your take on negative aspects of the World card?
Being blocked, obstructed or delayed. Feeling weighed down or heavy. Inertia, finding it difficult to get going or grinding to a halt.

earthshine

The World ~ resting on one's laurels, not working on new projects, just clinging on to past victories...

Or, inability to complete a project somehow, just when you're at the homestretch.

It could also mean an inability to celebrate a project completed. An "empty nest" feeling after a job that's otherwise well done. An inability to start anew.

Esk

Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. Would love more resources like that! Just wish she had done a few more. Thanks so much for doing the Aces individually! Definitely puts it into perspective. I would not have guessed that for the Ace of wands but it makes sense as a fire element/hot-headed.

What would you say is a negative aspect of the Strength card? What about 6 of rods? Thanks!

I would have liked she did more too ;)

The strength card often appears for me when strength is needed to face or endure a difficult situation. And if the bad moment is already here it is a good indicator that it's not going to end soon.
I've also seen this card for repressed feelings. It can be good or bad depending of the context.

The 6 of wands is a card of victory but the person who wants this victory often think about themselves selfishly and wants to be above others. In sports or for an exam it's a good thing, but for example, in a social context it can be an unhealthy behaviour.

PageofWords

All the 10's have aspects that are connected to the physical and the material, but each card has a different angle.

Being blocked, obstructed or delayed. Feeling weighed down or heavy. Inertia, finding it difficult to get going or grinding to a halt.

I've never thought about the world meaning any of those things so it's good to hear your perspective on it. I can definitely see feeling weighed down as in "the weight of the world on your shoulders"

PageofWords

The World ~ resting on one's laurels, not working on new projects, just clinging on to past victories...

Or, inability to complete a project somehow, just when you're at the homestretch.

It could also mean an inability to celebrate a project completed. An "empty nest" feeling after a job that's otherwise well done. An inability to start anew.

Interesting take on the World card! I can see the clinging to past victories one for sure. But I had never thought about it like that. Very interesting. Good to see these cards in new lights

PageofWords

I would have liked she did more too ;)

The strength card often appears for me when strength is needed to face or endure a difficult situation. And if the bad moment is already here it is a good indicator that it's not going to end soon.
I've also seen this card for repressed feelings. It can be good or bad depending of the context.

The 6 of wands is a card of victory but the person who wants this victory often think about themselves selfishly and wants to be above others. In sports or for an exam it's a good thing, but for example, in a social context it can be an unhealthy behaviour.

Hmm interesting take on strength. Kind of prophetic like, get ready to have a hell of a time. I've never heard about the repressed feelings though. Wonder why that would be

Sharla

Negative of empress to me would be the person only likes you on a superficial level...i.e your looks and it doesn't go deeper.