Three of Swords as the obstacle

jenster

The literal question the Three of Swords answers is "what stands between A and B" (A and B are the two people involved in the realtionship I am asking about).

In the context of a positive relationship reading.
There is nothing to indicate that there is or there will be trouble so it is difficult for me to figure out how the Three of Swords could be an obstacle.

I found in my notes an explanation that could apply:
" heartbreak, always, but not as I'd first thought regarding the people in question. It has almost exclusively come up for a reluctance brought on by the memory of heartbreak or for someone fearing heartbreak or for someone presuming heartbreak (i.e. believing the one they are interested in is in a relationship when in fact that person is not or is ending the relationship they're in)."

and while this could apply it still doesn't feel right. This is a couple where both are fully in and have been together for years.

With a quick online search I found two other possibilities:

"There may however, be a third-party sticking their nose into a relationship by interfering and passing remarks. This could easily be a friend or family member who is jealous, possessive or just has a bone to pick."

and

"It is also possible that you are contemplating hurting someone else. With this card I think it is important to remember that each of us is capable of cruelty. We're all human, and we all make mistakes, sometimes serious ones. In the end, all we can do is trust in the goodness of life and try to live up to that ideal."

Any of these could apply but none feel right (especially considering the position). Any ideas?

mary_leo

Hi Jenster, I got the same card on the same positions a course of months ago. The question was about how would my relationship with X develop.

This card actually meant that a past experience changed the way he behaved in relationships, making it much more difficult to deal with, whenever we had a fight.

Hope it helps,
Mary.

jenster

Hi Jenster, I got the same card on the same positions a course of months ago. The question was about how would my relationship with X develop.

This card actually meant that a past experience changed the way he behaved in relationships, making it much more difficult to deal with, whenever we had a fight.

Hope it helps,
Mary.

That's an interesting take. So it could be an approaching difficulty in communicating or having constructive arguments because of past experiences?

rwcarter

Might there be some hidden truth that one of them is keeping from the other? For example, it could be that on paper both of them feel the same way about parenthood, but secretly one of them feels differently and doesn't want to tell the other about those feelings.

Rodney

mary_leo

I believe it could be.
In my case was completely unannounced, we had a perfect relationship for 4 months and he changed... Than I asked Tarot.
The 3 of swords meant deep wounds from past relationships influencing his thinking and actions.

jenster

Might there be some hidden truth that one of them is keeping from the other? For example, it could be that on paper both of them feel the same way about parenthood, but secretly one of them feels differently and doesn't want to tell the other about those feelings.

Rodney

That's a very good take! Except wouldn't it be something milder? I'm just thinking that if it were something really serious it would be an issue -whether disclosed or not- that would emerge in the rest of the reading.

It seems that maybe if it is undisclosed information that would cause heartache it's probably something minor (like one of the two talking to an ex, say, but without anything going on) or something one of the two is blowing out of proportion in his/her mind?

I don't know. But the insincerity angle is resonating.
Unfortunately I can't draw a clarifier.

jenster

I believe it could be.
In my case was completely unannounced, we had a perfect relationship for 4 months and he changed... Than I asked Tarot.
The 3 of swords meant deep wounds from past relationships influencing his thinking and actions.

I am sorry, that must have been very tough to deal with. Some people actually *do* lose it when they get really close to someone else. I know because I was one of them.

mary_leo

It was hard and I believe pain changes people. We just don't know to what extent and how it will impact our relationships.
Maybe it's something that the Tarot wants you to be aware of, so it doesn't catch you by surprise.
Hope everything goes really well for you.

rwcarter

That's a very good take! Except wouldn't it be something milder? I'm just thinking that if it were something really serious it would be an issue -whether disclosed or not- that would emerge in the rest of the reading.

It seems that maybe if it is undisclosed information that would cause heartache it's probably something minor (like one of the two talking to an ex, say, but without anything going on) or something one of the two is blowing out of proportion in his/her mind?

I don't know. But the insincerity angle is resonating.
Unfortunately I can't draw a clarifier.
That example came to mind because two friends got together with the understanding that neither of them wanted children. Somewhere along the way the husband changed his mind and started pressuring the wife to have a baby. The wife was pretty certain that she couldn't get pregnant for various reasons, and lo and behold she got pregnant.

The situation you were reading about doesn't have to be as extreme as the example I used, but that was the first example that came to mind.

Rodney

jenster

For anyone reading this I pulled a clarifier though I had already put the reading away so I'm not sure how valid it is, but

I pulled The Devil and that's not good, that's not good at all, is it?