Three of Swords as the obstacle

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I am, it's why I opened a new thread.
That was directed at other posters because you actually listed the clarifier in this thread and asked whether or not that was a good card.

jenster

That was directed at other posters because you actually listed the clarifier in this thread and asked whether or not that was a good card.

Thank you!

nisaba

The literal question the Three of Swords answers is "what stands between A and B" (A and B are the two people involved in the realtionship I am asking about).

In the context of a positive relationship reading.
There is nothing to indicate that there is or there will be trouble so it is difficult for me to figure out how the Three of Swords could be an obstacle.

Have you considered the possibility that one (or both) of you might be carrying wounds from the past that prevent them from entirely trusting a new partner? THAT is quite an obstacle!

jenster

Have you considered the possibility that one (or both) of you might be carrying wounds from the past that prevent them from entirely trusting a new partner? THAT is quite an obstacle!

I have. At the end of the day it might be the likelier scenario even if later the Three of Swords was clarified by The Devil (separate thread). Perhaps a reading on how to solve it/how to deal with it might yield better (more useful) results than trying to determine exactly what it is.
But I've come to agree with you after a few days of mulling over it. And I really think it's both.