Stalked by 2 of Wands

Honeysun

Hey everyone, hope you all are having a good day.

So for the past 3 days I did daily draws and for 3 days in a row 2 of Wands popped up in the first position and happy cards pop up as a base. I'm using Pagan tarot, in which the person in 2 of Wands is facing the other way. In this case, it's facing away from the other cards in the reading,

Recently I went through a break up, so I believe 2 of Wands is telling me I'll move on from it onto other things (which has been quite accurate so far, I'm feeling better with each passing day and I've been doing new things, and the thoughts about this break up are slowly diminishing). However, I've been talking to my ex and we decided to become friends. Is this card telling me to move away from him completely?

I'm a firm believer that if a card keeps popping up in a reading, it means that you still have yet to learn it and apply it to your situation. What could this mean in my situation? Do you think my interpretation of this card is right? Or maybe it was popping up just so I could ask about it in this forum and learn something new :) and what can I say, my faith in Tarot is restored because of this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Honeysun,

Please edit your post to either remove the additional cards you've listed or provide interpretations for them. Per the UTC Posting Rules you can't list cards without interpreting them.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

rwcarter

You're using the Lo Scarabeo Pagan Tarot? It's a little hard to see in the image, but I think she's at a crossroads and has pushed one wand into the ground and burned it incense-like while she considers which path to take.

Given the background you've listed, the card may be trying to pull your attention to the fact that you need to choose which path is right for you - moving completely away from your ex or changing your relationship into a friendship. He can't make that decision for you, I can't make it, your family and friends can't make it - only you can.

Rodney

nisaba

He can't make that decision for you, I can't make it, your family and friends can't make it - only you can.

I think this is a very good interpretation.

I often see this card as one of making decisions about the future: those decisions have to be made by you. This is a time for taking stock. Perhaps, talking to your ex is only going to muddy the waters - I would take myself right out of reach of their physical charms until you've made any decision you need to make.

Honeysun

You're using the Lo Scarabeo Pagan Tarot? It's a little hard to see in the image, but I think she's at a crossroads and has pushed one wand into the ground and burned it incense-like while she considers which path to take.

Given the background you've listed, the card may be trying to pull your attention to the fact that you need to choose which path is right for you - moving completely away from your ex or changing your relationship into a friendship. He can't make that decision for you, I can't make it, your family and friends can't make it - only you can.

Rodney

Thank you!

I've actually never noticed the burning wand, but now that you mention it, it kind of gives me more clarity. I feel like I should put things on hold while I'm making a decision.
I honestly don't know what I want. I don't wanna lose him because we were so close. But at the same time I think moving onto other things would be beneficial for me, even if it's temporarily.
And yes, that's very true. I keep looking for advice on what to do and left things for him to decide. I'm very indecisive.

Hope this helps.

Honeysun

I think this is a very good interpretation.

I often see this card as one of making decisions about the future: those decisions have to be made by you. This is a time for taking stock. Perhaps, talking to your ex is only going to muddy the waters - I would take myself right out of reach of their physical charms until you've made any decision you need to make.

Thank you!

I've been thinking about this all day. And as I mentioned in my previous post, I keep looking for advice because I'm known for making bad decisions. And yes, whenever I talk to him, I miss all the good times and start wanting him back. I think I should limit our contact, at least while I'm trying to make a decision. I think I know what to do.

----
Also, I've noticed the rough patch on the road in this card. I feel like it's telling me to fully get back on my feet and make myself strong again :) And I think I know how to do it. There are things I need to focus on.

Sharla

Going on what you've said about your ex, id say this card is giving you a gentle warning that if you decide to stay friends with him, then don't expect to be getting back together.

This card to me would be representing your Ex and not yourself, the rugsack would be the adventure and fun side of him, the get up and go and excitement factor about him. He's got bored with one of the wands and has his back turned to it, whilst holding onto the other wand...BUT also looking for more adventure also.

She's on her feet....this is symbolizing the energy of him always needing to be on the go, he doesn't seem settled or r'ship material at this point in his life, all this causes him to get bored quick and move on to the next. I mean the rugsack would show this the most, as this is him moving around from one person to the next looking for his next fix for excitement and adventure.....never actually settling anywhere.

Hand on hip pose is him doing exactly what he wants when he wants and how he wants, very self confident about himself.

He was likely a lot of fun this guy, always up for a laugh and very energetic in more ways than one...this is probably what you miss about him.

But the warning is......this is all he will be to you, so if you do choose to be his friend still then don't expect anything more, or you'll end up getting hurt.

I really like this deck :)

Honeysun

Going on what you've said about your ex, id say this card is giving you a gentle warning that if you decide to stay friends with him, then don't expect to be getting back together.

This card to me would be representing your Ex and not yourself, the rugsack would be the adventure and fun side of him, the get up and go and excitement factor about him. He's got bored with one of the wands and has his back turned to it, whilst holding onto the other wand...BUT also looking for more adventure also.

Thank you! This is very interesting, I'm surprised you can say so much just by looking at a card :)
Yeah, I'm probably better off leaving him alone. He has said so many nasty things to me when I was just trying to help him.
I think I'm the wand he turned his back to, and the wand he's holding is his new "friend" (that we broke up over btw).

She's on her feet....this is symbolizing the energy of him always needing to be on the go, he doesn't seem settled or r'ship material at this point in his life, all this causes him to get bored quick and move on to the next. I mean the rugsack would show this the most, as this is him moving around from one person to the next looking for his next fix for excitement and adventure.....never actually settling anywhere.

He isn't really relationship material. He's selfish and lacks empathy (one more reason why we broke up). I wouldn't say he's a player or anything like that, but he did move on quickly, but I think it was to make me jealous, or a rebound. Or just because he could.

Hand on hip pose is him doing exactly what he wants when he wants and how he wants, very self confident about himself.

Yes! That's very true. He can be cocky even. He acts confident, but at the same time is very fragile and mentally unstable I'd say. And he never really cared what others thought of him.
In this relationship things would usually go his way.

He was likely a lot of fun this guy, always up for a laugh and very energetic in more ways than one...this is probably what you miss about him.

That's right. He's very immature, he'd joke around all the time, even at the worst of situations. But he can be sound. Just not very serious.

Going
But the warning is......this is all he will be to you, so if you do choose to be his friend still then don't expect anything more, or you'll end up getting hurt.

I really like this deck :)

Yeah, that makes sense. He doesn't want to get back together at all. So I might as well leave and move on, I'm better off without him for the reasons I've mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

headincloud

Gut feeling is this doesn't apply to your x especially if you've already moved on because in relation to couples it shows a relationship in which one partner has withdrawn due to itchy feet, boredom and the restrictions the relationships brings but they haven't parted as yet.

It may just be a waiting period you're going through or a decision linked to something else, is there an application or contract of some kind you're considering perhaps? you could look to the other cards to point you to the area this applies.

If it does point to your X and the other cards are positive then there wouldn't seem to be a problem with maintaining a friendship.