Black Cat Tarot

greatdane

Well, Little Hare...

Only if we can get the designer interested in our help.

First, a designer has to contact a publisher or publishers.

Second, they have to let us know they would like our support and who to bombard with emails!

I SO agree this Black Cat Tarot needs to be published, unfortunately not much we can do until the designer comes into AT and let's us know how we can help.

Finger crossed. Would love to see this deck out by end of 2011.

bjmeacham

Well I went ahead and bought her book. The book has card size illustrations of all the cards in full color. All the majors and court cards are illustrated, the rest of the minors are pips. The black cat accompanies the human in the court cards similar to what is seen in the High Priestess, Empress, Emperor and Hierophant. There are swords, staves, cup and coins, with a black cat in various poses on each of the aces. The book has meanings for both upright and reversed cards. It only has the Celtic Cross Spread to use with the cards. It is a beautiful book, and since I collect black cat paraphernalia anyway, it is a good addition to that collection, even if the deck itself is never published.

I would scan some images but I not sure that would be alright. Outside of the fact that I would prefer a fully illustrated minor, I very much like the rest of the deck and would love to own a copy of it if it was ever published.

greatdane

Thanks Bj!

Great to know your impressions of the pix in the book. I don't always mind unillustrated pips much, depends on how they're done and the rest of the deck. I hope the designer decides to jump in on this thread. I would so love to know if they are sending off to publishers and which ones. I'm sure ATers who want this deck would be happy to shoot an email off to them! I would love to see this deck out next year.

GD

bjmeacham

You are welcome :) I really hope she succeeds soon because in my opinion it is a worthy effort!

greatdane

Anyone hear anything?

I emd the artist and asked if she would like to take a look here, but haven't seen any posts. Anyone in contact with her? Would sooo love to have this deck by end of 2011! But I know things can move slowly. It would be great to know if she has submitted to any publishers and, if so, which ones? I would be more than happy to start sending emails....

misfitknits

i'm certainly not in contact with the artist, the only person i know of *FOR SURE* who has emailed her is you, greatdane!! ;)

did she not even respond to your email?!?! that is disappointing if it's true!! hurumph!!

also, i didn't know the minors weren't illustrated... that kinda sucks, for me. i like fully illustrated decks. oh well, it could be my first with non-scenic pips!! i need to learn how to read these types of decks anyways.

where are y'all seeing the images of this deck?? because i have only seen the web page with the poster on it, and even when i blew it up it was super hard to see and blurry.... it seems y'all are seeing better images than i....

greatdane

Hi misfitknits

I just emd her and asked she check out AT and told her about how much we liked her deck. I was hoping she might just come in here and post. But she could have a ton of things going on and I don't know if she even has been checking that contact em on her site. It may not be a huge priority for her at the moment to have it published. I know it's her deck and her call, I just hope she decides she really wants to work on getting it published and ATers who want it have the opportunity to lobby any publishers she's submitted it to!

bjmeacham

Good News!

Well this is a blast from the past!....I just got this email from the artist:

"Just to let you know - The Black Cat Tarot deck is now available. The web site is still under construction. You can see it there, but the shopping cart is not yet set up. Eventually, not too far in the future I hope, there will be some other items with the same theme also.

The web site is: www.catpeopleshop.com

deck creator's address removed by moderator

I hope this is good news to those that have expressed an interest previously in this thread :)

ETA: She can be contacted at http://www.addencats.com/AboutUs.html or email address removed by moderator

Bhavana

I would love to hear from anyone who has received this deck, I love the looks of it and it sounds great, but would like to get an opinion on quality of the images and cardstock

delizt

yes, has anyone actually gotten the deck yet? I'd love to hear about it!