Pathfinders/Truth-seekers Tarot -- differences? Pros? Cons?

Carla

Still running at "later" as we have company on the way - but I have emailed the artist to ask. I'll let you know what she says !

Thank you!! :D

Parzival

Pathfinder's Tarot

The larger book by David Fontana, Essential Guide to the Tarot, goes into how the placement of suit symbols on the card is consciously done. For example, the 6 of Wands is arranged so that the wands reach upward in positive manner:"The wands form a triumphal arch, its apex reaching up to the sun; while the shape symbolizes hands that pray for good fortune...". Does the Pathfinder's Tarot come with a booklet? -- I think it does. Mine seems to have not been included if intended. What does the pamphlet have to say of value?

gregory

AT LAST I have a moment.

The Pathfinder's and Truthseeker's both come with an 80 page book - in the Pathfinder's it's a paperback, in Truthseeker's a hard cover, but the content (right down to the pagination) is identical.

The Essential Guide is FAR more detailed and if you have that you do NOT need the little one. But if you have been sold the decks as new, then you need to complain, as they should include the booklet.

And I still don't get the use of the various backgrounds and I haven't heard back from Sylvie yet.

Parzival

Pathfinder's Tarot

Thanks for that input, Gregory. I do have the big book, obviously since I quoted from it. It has some good insights from a spiritual psychological perspective-- not at all Golden Dawn but based on number and color. Unfortunately, my new deck did not include the 80-page paperback. "Complain" as you say. I really do not need it but it should have been included. Both deck versions are impressive to me-- the smaller 'Truth Seeker's" for the vivid golden touches, the larger "Pathfinder's" for the colorful extra size. The art is not just attractive. It reaches deeply into non-rational intuition and unconscious insight. Not the only Tarot deck, but a very good one.

gregory

Did you get it in a BOX ? There'd be quite a lot of wiggle space with no book, if you did.... !

Parzival

Pathfinder's Tarot

Yes, in a box, with some extra space in there. I need to look into getting the little guidebook.

Carla

I hope the artist writes back! I'm dying of curiosity. :)

Carla

AT LAST I have a moment.

And I still don't get the use of the various backgrounds and I haven't heard back from Sylvie yet.

Gregory, did you ever get any joy finding out about those backgrounds in the pip cards of the Pathfinders? I got the deck out today to have a look at it and those backgrounds really annoy me now. I'd rather have just plain pips with no backgrounds than these semi-illustrated ones that seem to mean something but don't.

It doesn't help that in the book the author seems to keep switching elemental correspondences. Sometimes he says swords are fire, sometimes they're air. Sometimes he says wands are fire, sometimes they're air. I'm thinking of just writing my own little book t keep in the box with the deck and tossing this one in a drawer somewhere.

rwcarter

The publisher did send me a PDF of the Pathfinder's companion book.

gregory

Gregory, did you ever get any joy finding out about those backgrounds in the pip cards of the Pathfinders? I got the deck out today to have a look at it and those backgrounds really annoy me now. I'd rather have just plain pips with no backgrounds than these semi-illustrated ones that seem to mean something but don't.

It doesn't help that in the book the author seems to keep switching elemental correspondences. Sometimes he says swords are fire, sometimes they're air. Sometimes he says wands are fire, sometimes they're air. I'm thinking of just writing my own little book t keep in the box with the deck and tossing this one in a drawer somewhere.
No response - sorry :( And David Fontana has died, so he won't be able to help either :(