The Biggest Bust of 2012 ?

bewtifull_soulhealer

I now only buy what my gut tells me to buy, not what 99% of the rest of the people do.
Almost every time I have done that, I was disappointed and ended up usually giving the deck away to a friend or having to sell it off cheap.

its not always a bad thing to share or give a deck to another person sometimes its better to be sending it on to another as part of there journey <3 not to sound cliche but everything for a reason ;)

lnl,
BECKY

magpie9

Most of what I bought this year that came out this year was a big disappointment.
Sun & Moon...hopelessly lightweight
Rosetta.....better than the Thoth, but still waaay to heavy.
Today's Journey.....this is a bad joke, right? It looks like it came out of some mittle-european 30 years ago parallel-world fantasy. I absolutely couldn't relate to the people, the art, the concept, any of it.
The Witches Tarot....I'm not sure. It may go up for sale yet. I'm trying it out to see how it reads before giving up on it.
As Above. O Come On. It's not even Tarot, it's a teaching module for Wicca 101! Where is it connected to Tarot?? The Majors? Kind of...the minors??? Bite me! At NO point do they intersect with Tarot. The book has a section on As Below, and it seems like a sketchy cartooney modern happy happy deck in weird colors that's mostly RWS based. Kind of the Grown-up version of the teen-witchy crap LoS puts out regularly.

But the Big Winner Take All was the "Law of Attraction". This is way past a bad joke, this is absolute shit! What where they thinking? What where they smoking? And to add insult to injury, the art on the cards is nothing like the beautiful art on the box. Not Even The Same Artist!! It's Ugly! Why did they do this? ABOMINATION!!!!

OK. That covers it for now. Thanks for the opportunity to Tell All, Tarotbear!

desertrat

Most of what I bought this year that came out this year was a big disappointment.
Sun & Moon...hopelessly lightweight
Rosetta.....better than the Thoth, but still waaay to heavy.
Today's Journey.....this is a bad joke, right? It looks like it came out of some mittle-european 30 years ago parallel-world fantasy. I absolutely couldn't relate to the people, the art, the concept, any of it.
The Witches Tarot....I'm not sure. It may go up for sale yet. I'm trying it out to see how it reads before giving up on it.
As Above. O Come On. It's not even Tarot, it's a teaching module for Wicca 101! Where is it connected to Tarot?? The Majors? Kind of...the minors??? Bite me! At NO point do they intersect with Tarot. The book has a section on As Below, and it seems like a sketchy cartooney modern happy happy deck in weird colors that's mostly RWS based. Kind of the Grown-up version of the teen-witchy crap LoS puts out regularly.

But the Big Winner Take All was the "Law of Attraction". This is way past a bad joke, this is absolute shit! What where they thinking? What where they smoking? And to add insult to injury, the art on the cards is nothing like the beautiful art on the box. Not Even The Same Artist!! It's Ugly! Why did they do this? ABOMINATION!!!!

OK. That covers it for now. Thanks for the opportunity to Tell All, Tarotbear!

Don't hold anything back, mags! :p

I think I said this in a previous thread, but I was very disappointed with the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus. :(

magpie9

Don't hold anything back, mags! :p
I don't believe in it ;) so I hardly ever do. Which impacts my popularity and I'll never get the Miss Congeniality ribbon. :D But really, these are awful decks!

Mi-Shell

Ghosts and Spirits was kind of a disappointment, as was Crystal Visions - but then, I knew I'd probably be disappointed before I even got them, for different reasons. I really wanted to like Ghosts and Spirits, but the cards are too similar and too busy, and I can't be bothered having to look up every other one to try and figure out what's going on.

Yes, Ghosts and Spirits for me too - due to the very same reasons.

LadyDeborah

I have been trying to give a deck a second chance if it doesn't quite fit my expectations right away. Despite what others might think about a deck, I have decided not to get some that don't appeal to me. Before I often caved in to other peoples' opinions and thought there must be something wrong with me when I didn't like cards everyone else seemed to love. One thing is certain, I don't care for "cutesy" decks. I like fairies and elves if the art is good, but when it gets a little too whimsical, I'm lost.

Grizabella

Honestly, I really don't like making any artist feel bad about their decks just because I don't like them myself that much. I'm sure there are others who think they're just awesome.

Ghosts and Spirits put me off because I didn't like the grimy-looking border on the cards and they just weren't talking to me so I decided to let them go. The only one of her decks I've kept---and I've had them all----is the Fairytale. I don't use it, but I love the card stock, the finish, and the art on them and I just can't ever part with it. I'm sure if I tried to use it I could, which is more than I can say for some of her decks. I don't like the backs of them, though. They're just blah. Maybe I should take a pen to them and make them some colors or something.

The Wildwood was a really pretty, really nice deck, but it just wasn't for me. I liked the way the cards shuffled but I wouldn't have ever gotten much use from it so I let it go.

vee

Darkana for me too. I took it out after
my resentment after the kickstarter fiasco was gone, and found it to be less "badass masculine" and more "trying too hard."

Some of the individual cards are great though!

gregory

Like Penthasilia, I too am disappointed by the Mary-El set.

Since the Kingdom Within Tarot, I stay away from everything from Schiffer! That cardstock truly is horrible like you say.

This this this. WHY will Schiffer not use decent, usable stock ? I WANT Beth Seilonen's Ravens, that they are putting out shortly - but I DREAD the card stock.

I am reserving judgement on Book of Shadows till I see the other half. Because I have a HUGE amount of time for Barbara Moore, and talked to her about it a while ago... not that I actually deplore the one we have already.