Doreen Virtue has another tarot deck

cirom

OH !!!!

Well if thats the case, sorry about that, I have no say in it.

Metafizzypop

Thinking about it, I just realized that my local Barnes and Noble bookstore doesn't carry DV's decks. I can't recall ever seeing one of her creations there. I've seen other lightweight, commercial stuff, but not DV's. In fact, what I see in this Barnes and Noble isn't bad at all.

I bought the Housewives Tarot there a few years ago. And since then I've seen other things, like REAL tarot, show up, too. Just off the top of my head, I've found the Deviant Moon, Shaman's Oracle by Jon Matthews, Medieval Scapani, Legacy of the Divine, Vampire Tarot by Robert Place, Voyager Tarot, and some other surprising stuff. (And yeah, the Gilded, too.)

I think that what B&N figured out is that there's no money to be made in selling the same thing that everyone else sells. If someone can find DV decks in just any brick and mortar store, then people who want DV decks will buy them in just any brick and mortar store, and they don't have to go to B&N unless they feel like it. If B&N carried DV decks,it would leave B&N with only a small percentage of the DV sales. That's the trouble with carrying a very common item.

So it looks like what B&N are doing is carrying the stuff that the other places don't sell. This means that those who are serious about tarot go to B&N and spend their money there. It seems like a sensible approach.

OTOH, Barnes and Noble is a bookstore chain, and I don't know what the other locations might or might not carry. Still, it's nice to see that one really huge bookstore doesn't have room for Doreen.

Freddie

OH !!!!

Well if thats the case, sorry about that, I have no say in it.

Hey Cirom,

You have created a beloved beautiful Tarot masterpiece and I can see it going down in Tarot history as one of the 'classic' decks that will never go out of print.

Well done and unlike some beloved past Tarot authors you are still here to witness it!!!

Freddie

Celtictarot

Cirom said quite eloquently what a lot of us are thinking about the DV "thing" I am getting the same horrid feeling about "milking" and their Angel Reading Courses are quite expensive as well £555 over here and for someone starting out in business like myself - doing readings. That money is insane!

Between the sheer amount of decks and books coming out, it really is mind boggling. Oh well, we can't do anything, if the bubble is gonna burst, it will burst.

Whoever made the comment about Psychic TV decks, I have seen Thoth being used and a black and white deck tonight! All my local new age shops have closed down so I have to get my stuff pretty much from Waterstones or the web!

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Folks,

Once again the discussion has turned to the thread and whether and how this deck should be discussed - that's meta discussion and is against forum rules.

The forum rules can be found by clicking the FAQ button at the top of the screen and say this:
Stay On-Topic
Avoid meta-discussion. Instead of talking about the thread or post itself while you're posting in it, stick to talking about the original topic. Any concerns about our policies, rules or guidelines should be sent privately to a moderator or to administration for handling.

A few posts discussing the thread or quoting posts discussing the thread, have been removed.
A couple of posts discussing Doreen Virtue's oracle cards and angel courses have also been removed.

Having said that, this topic does seem somewhat exhausted now and has started going round and round covering things that have already been discussed so the thread is being closed.

Thanks to everyone who has participated.

Sulis and rwcarter - Tarot Decks co-moderators