Cosmic Tarot...Your Thoughts, Please?

velvetina

I don't like it :(

I bought it when it came out & took a dislike to it straightaway because I as reminded of a particular kind of 80's style I didn't like - the kind of posters you'd see in cafes or friend's homes & you knew they'd simply gone into Athena & bought something to match the curtains, rather than choosing a piece because they loved it.

I like the inclusion of Middle Eastern images however and kept the deck hoping to like it; alas I never have.
I like the backs too!

Writing this post made me realise that it reminds me of the 80's, but not MY 80's.

delizt

Out of all the many decks I have traded away or sold, the Cosmic is one of the few I have regretted and have since repurchased (AGM printing)

I came across an image online while looking for something else and realized with a "pang" that I missed it's beauty, it was one my first decks and I love the artwork, the delicate lines and the dreamy coloring.

Yes, the famous faces and somewhat 80's feel can be distracting, but overall as a deck it reads well and now, rather than feeling too "modern" as it did when I originally purchased it, it feels nostalgic and like an old trusted friend.

raeanne

I have a funny story to tell about when I got my Cosmic Tarot. Years ago I was looking through the decks here at Aeclectic and I saw the Cosmic Tarot and really liked it. Several weeks later I was at the bookstore and I saw a deck with the word Cosmic in the title and I thought - "Oh, that's the deck I liked!", so I bought it. When I got home and opened it up, it wasn't anything like I remembered see here. The deck I bought had bright colors instead of the pastels. My mistake - I had purchased the Cosmic Tribe instead. I still laugh over that. A couple of weeks later I found the Cosmic Tarot so I have both. I like both decks but they are very different.

Wynter_Wytch

Sold! My number one criteria for a deck is the quality of the artwork. So, for better or worse, I've been shoved hard and tipped onto the enabling side of the fence. I adore the 80's and old movies/movie stars. I wonder if I'll find Jean Harlow in the mix.

I went ahead and placed a bid on ebay. Here's hoping the bidding doesn't get outrageous!

Thanks for the link, Carla. I didn't realize this was such a talked about deck on here.

Wynter Wytch