Possible to ID this stone?

Aoife

Looks like Connemara marble to me.

MandMaud

Looks like Connemara marble to me.

So many opinions! Thank you!

I was looking at images of the first few (didn't manage to look at AT yesterday at all), and also looked up marble - found out it isn't the name of a stone but rather a word that's used differently by, for instance, jewellers and stonemasons. So the word 'marble' can refer to different stones, among them calcite (iirc) and serpentine and dolomite...

Then I kept googling images as most of the greens were much bluer, and I came to the conclusion that it probably is Connemara marble. Which rather pleases me as an idea so I've almost decided to think it is this, given that without taking it to an expert in person, it seems I can pretty well choose my own identity for it. ;)

The setting is real silver, at least I'm almost certain of that although there's no silver mark. I think it used to have a wossname (forgotten the word) for a chain, making it a pendant, but has been turned into a brooch with a pin. I'm not a brooch person but I did want this piece and will probably wear it with a light scarf.

Now to see what meanings and uses show up for Connemara marble - assuminng I dno't change my mind about it being that! :)