Collaborative Tarot

patter

As, currently, a non-subscriber this is an open project and not one that I expect will be finished too rapidly -- faster workers can always take on more cards as I intend to cover the full deck. Those with a preferred card can 'bagsie' it now.

temperlyne

mmm I prefer the knight of cups and Temperance. If thats ok with everybody.

patter

If anyone know a good online site showing deco style I would appreciate if they would post it? Just to encourage 'joiners' to think about the project.

blue_fusion

err, i'd like to have the death card. :) as for sites on deco art, i'll be on the lookie all over the internet. :)

rota

Dibs on High Priestess! and one of anything from the minors; I don't care what.

try this for a start: http://www.artdeco.org/

there are all kindsa art deco sites, for architecture, jewelry, machine and furniture design, painting and illustration. just google it.

Insomnia Turtle

For me, as I am still unfamiliar with the traditional meanings of Tarot cards and probably will still be by the time this project starts, feel free to give me any random card that anyone else doesn't want to do.

patter

Well. Y'all feel free to get started! I would love it if you would post works-in-process for the group to see. I will have the web-page up in a a few days.

temperlyne

Just one question... are we doing it black and white? Or in a perticular shade of colors? Pastel, warm, bright...

I'm a bit busy these days with exams and stuff like that, but"I'll start sketching in between study sessions to clear my mind. I hope to see some examples soon so that we might adjust the styles to one another.

Oh and Patter, thnx for the energy you're putting into this!

patter

I think black and white line art -- thought I could be talked into grey-scale if people want. But no colour!

re the number and name of the card - I suggest leaving it off at this stage? We can add it as a banner at the bottom that is uniform across cards and goes with the card-back design? Or folk could leave a plain balck or white space centred at the bottom of the card to which a uniform font could be added?

I will have a go at the card back design -- something symmetrical in both planes -- I just need to go get some library books for decorative motifs ideas.