Five of Cup and King of Cups as feelings

Wheeler5

So this is in regards to a relationship reading I recently did for a friend. These two cards came up in the position for his feelings for her. I see the five of cups as a card of regret and sorrow but the king of cups for me demonstrates someone who is in love and not afraid to show it but also in control. The hardest part of tarot for me is trying to figure out how to opposite cards relate to each other. So for feeling would he feel that he loves her but has regrets over things that happened between them in the past? Thanks for any input.

elena_jaymz

Hi Wheeler5, just an idea:

As you said, the 5 Cups is about loss, regrets, feeling sad about a past sorrow etc. Combined with the King of Cups, who is master of his emotions, I'd say the message is this guy feels the 5 Cups sorrow, but doesn't let this shine through, he's able to dominate it.

Puffette

So this is in regards to a relationship reading I recently did for a friend. These two cards came up in the position for his feelings for her. I see the five of cups as a card of regret and sorrow but the king of cups for me demonstrates someone who is in love and not afraid to show it but also in control. The hardest part of tarot for me is trying to figure out how to opposite cards relate to each other. So for feeling would he feel that he loves her but has regrets over things that happened between them in the past? Thanks for any input.

5 of cups is mourning and loss and tears,regrets all over. Regrets that things didnt work or that they cannot work anymore.. Whatever it is this guy is very negative thinking and wont see the bright side of the story,that things are still repairable if they give each other a chance.
Generally this king of cups has feelings no doubt,he is the eternal romantic guy but with principles and strong ideas. Depending the surrounding cards we get an insight into his mind and how he deals with the emotions cause if he got something is the emotions and strong ones but very in control. See how calm looking he is?
Id say this,depending how much time has passed since their separation i could say this man has deep feelings for that woman but will choose not to see pass the disapointment and the things that didnt work between them. Its like clinging continuously to see only the negative side,only the bad stuff that took place and ignoring the good and happy moments they shared together. Either it was a cheating,a bad word or a fight that took place,this person has filled his heart with disapointment..

Wheeler5

Hi Wheeler5, just an idea:

As you said, the 5 Cups is about loss, regrets, feeling sad about a past sorrow etc. Combined with the King of Cups, who is master of his emotions, I'd say the message is this guy feels the 5 Cups sorrow, but doesn't let this shine through, he's able to dominate it.

Thanks Elena! I view the 5 of cups the same way you do! I definitely think this guy feels some sort of regret pertaining to his previous relationship with this woman. As far as the King is concerned, even though he's able to control his emotions better, I still feel like he has strong feelings for this woman mixed with sorrow/regret from how things ended between them.

Wheeler5

5 of cups is mourning and loss and tears,regrets all over. Regrets that things didnt work or that they cannot work anymore.. Whatever it is this guy is very negative thinking and wont see the bright side of the story,that things are still repairable if they give each other a chance.
Generally this king of cups has feelings no doubt,he is the eternal romantic guy but with principles and strong ideas. Depending the surrounding cards we get an insight into his mind and how he deals with the emotions cause if he got something is the emotions and strong ones but very in control. See how calm looking he is?
Id say this,depending how much time has passed since their separation i could say this man has deep feelings for that woman but will choose not to see pass the disapointment and the things that didnt work between them. Its like clinging continuously to see only the negative side,only the bad stuff that took place and ignoring the good and happy moments they shared together. Either it was a cheating,a bad word or a fight that took place,this person has filled his heart with disapointment..

Thanks Puffette! Your interpretation was spot on! There is still a lot hurt going on with him and it shows. My friend actually reached out to this guy, they got along for a day, and then he disappeared the next day after some unfriendly words were exchanged again between the two of them. I think he does having feelings for her but given their history it makes it hard for him to stay committed to her because he thinks it's going to end badly as it always has for them in the past.