i hate seeing knight cards

cbiz83

I try to understand the court cards as steps in a process. (When applicable)

The page is the initiation of it, the knight is the efforts and motion, the queen is the mastery of the process itself, and the king is the manifestation of it.

In metaphor, if ye gentle folk will (a la Jurassic Park).

1. Page: Raptors want out of fence
2. Knight: Raptors are launching themselves at the fence checking for weakness
3. Queen: Raptors know the fence can be breached
4. King: Raptors have breached the fence.

Shardz

I tend to look at astrological and/or elemental aspects of the cards to get a stronger relative grasp of what they are about. I certainly wouldn't assign the Knight to a specific gender simply because the picture might allude to that visual association.

I also must say that these very same undesirable traits can easily be found with women as I have had my share of relationships dealing with non-commitment, convenient flattery, insincerity, deceit, indecision, inconsideration and incomprehensible delusion. It's not an accurate condemnation to pin these traits solely on the male gender, especially not in this wacky period of time.

As for peripatetic, I will buy that for a dollar! Horses go in more than one direction, or else you would see a race track in the background of the card.

oceana15

Generally it seems Knights have been described in terms of "movement" and "risk-taking." But isn't the Knight of Pentacles totally opposite? I tend to associate him with stability, reliability, responsibility, and as moving very slowly in everything he does to make sure he's making the *right* choice. For whatever reason, I have a natural affinity with Pentacles, so this is the only Knight that I'm happy to see in a spread!

Thirteen

Knight/Pents is still a Knight....

Generally it seems Knights have been described in terms of "movement" and "risk-taking." But isn't the Knight of Pentacles totally opposite?
If you've got a bunch of rabbits (the Knights) and among them is a turtle, the turtle is going to seem really stable and not much into moving or taking risks (opposite of a Knight). But if you've got a bunch of rocks (the Pent Courts), and among them is a turtle, then the turtle is going to seem pretty radical in that he's moving and taking risks (opposite of Pentacles). :D

Which is to say, don't compare him to the other Knights, but to the other courts in his suit. That he's moving at all indicates that he'd doing what all Knights do. That he's doing it at his own, unique pace, simply means he's still a Pentacle. Like Earth, he moves and takes his "risks" very slowly.

Daylin

@Thirteen:

I guess then the Knight cards were signifying my energy? That I was trying but not necessarily getting there: I was in action but unfortunately, not with success. And I suppose I am in the 'knight' stage of my life still. Thanks so much for the rundown on the different Knight suites - I'll be using them in the future :D

@cbiz83

That makes it really clear....Thank you :) I love the raptor direction you took, lol. In that case, the Knights were a pretty apt card for me to pick, looking back.

@Shardz

Of course...I should have compared them to the "dashing knight" stereotype rather than masculinity in general...I think that was what I was aiming for.

Thirteen

Not a success...yet

I suppose I am in the 'knight' stage of my life still.
They could certainly be signifying your energy. And hey, we're all "knights" at various times of our lives. We re-inact those young adult days of wanting something NOW, and maybe having to go through some adventures to understand that maybe we were a bit cocky and it's not so easy to get or have. Or just how to value it and feel like we really earned it when we get it.

Thinking of Knights in jousts, they often had to try, try and try again to get a hit, to win the match. Don't think of what you did as "not succeeding" so much as "not succeeding...yet." :) And gaining useful knowledge in that not-success for future tournaments. That's the lesson of the Knights, I think. You're not ready to be Queen/King yet, but keep jousting. The time will come when you'll win that crown.

Calayvie

I try to understand the court cards as steps in a process. (When applicable)

The page is the initiation of it, the knight is the efforts and motion, the queen is the mastery of the process itself, and the king is the manifestation of it.

In metaphor, if ye gentle folk will (a la Jurassic Park).

1. Page: Raptors want out of fence
2. Knight: Raptors are launching themselves at the fence checking for weakness
3. Queen: Raptors know the fence can be breached
4. King: Raptors have breached the fence.
This is brilliant! Not something I expected to be associated with Tarot [emoji1] but it works wonderfully!
I need to write this down!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Rhinemaiden

I view knights as protectors (in the Alchemical, my goto deck, knights are shown as standing not on horseback)

-- knight of cups - protection against going over your head emotionally

-- knight of coins - protection against stupid spending

-- knight of wands - protection against going on a wild goose chase

-- knight of swords - protection against enemies (is that a raptor I see lurking??)