"If I could alter a card..."

tarotbear

In another part of the forum, someone who thought that some nudity was 'too' much suggested taking a permanent marker and drawing underwear over the character's private parts. (see attached.)

If you could 'change' some aspect of a card that disturbs you, what would you do? Be sure to attach a 'before' and 'after' picture!

Attachments

• RW retouched.jpg
    RW retouched.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 217

Little Baron

What an excellent thread TarotBear.

The '8 of Swords' has been a problem since I got it. It is called 'interference' and you can see why. I am no prude, but for goodness-sakes, those girls must be cold.

LB

Attachments

• rohrig.jpg
    rohrig.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 197

firemaiden

HI Tarotbear, what deck is that, the Robin Wood? I don't normally find nudity offensive, in fact, I adore the naked ladies in the lo scarabeo decks I have, but the card you posted makes me squirm, it's icky poo. I'm glad those poor people finally got some undies.

psychicbody

Wow... as an artist alone, I can not believe what I am whitnessing. You people still take the Tarot and symbolism in general seriously??

blackroseivy

Having modeled nude:

..."Icky-poo"?? ICKY-POO??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tarotphelia

They almost look sleazier after the undies - kind of scary Fredericks of Hollywood or something . Maybe some tasteful rubber stampings would help. For the way fluffy - tiny glitter? I think Fulgour used to favor stickers over things he didn't like .

Ho Kok Hong

Well I think it's depend on how people look at the card. Although some is nudity pictures but how can you explain on the sculptors and art which have naked men or women?
It just art and it represent something. Don't just think of those horny thing will make you feel well.(Although someone prefere to draw or cover the X part, then will you have any respect on the card and if you cover it with your hand, people can think that you are trying to touch it-_-)

firemaiden

danubhe said:
..."Icky-poo"?? ICKY-POO??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, perhaps its not the nudity itself, but the sort of amateurish art. What deck is that anyway?? Of course, if it is supposed to be Adam and Eve, well then, they are nekkid and they don't know it, but when they leave Eden they will know it and feel... nekkid. I agree the undies almost make it worse. The guys undies don't quite do the whole job. Sorry... don't take me too seriously folks...

Satori

firemaiden, that is the Robin Wood.
I'm still laughing too hard to weigh in on this one...keep those scans coming tho Tarotbear, I think I might be addicted!!!

You know, I often thought about just circumcising him...LOL...

firemaiden

LOL, elf! I think I'd be happy with a fig-leaf :D