The hanged man and Neptune?

gorgeousbutterfly

I was wondering how Neptune, being the ruller or the hanged man is related with the meaning of the card. astrologically speaking how are they related to each other?

i can see neptune as the planet of representing soul over matter, so one has to give up the ego and will needs for the soul purpose? so i guess it does kind of go with hanged man meaning of letting go and surrendng to experience, it means letting go of the ego wants and needs and knowing about the higher order , accepting god's will and so on... the water aspect of neptune being passive and easy flow. is there more to this?

Thirteen

gorgeousbutterfly said:
I was wondering how Neptune, being the ruller or the hanged man is related with the meaning of the card. astrologically speaking how are they related to each other?

i can see neptune as the planet of representing soul over matter, so one has to give up the ego and will needs for the soul purpose? so i guess it does kind of go with hanged man meaning of letting go and surrendng to experience, it means letting go of the ego wants and needs and knowing about the higher order , accepting god's will and so on... the water aspect of neptune being passive and easy flow. is there more to this?
Back when the Golden Dawn folk were assigning planets and such to the cards, Neptune was, as yet, undiscovered. Instead, there were three cards carrying the elements: Air, Water, Fire.

Air was the Fool, which later got Uranus in some decks.
Water was the Hanged Man, which later got Neptune.
Fire as Judgement, which later got Pluto.

So Neptune is a late addition to the deck. However, it is suitable to the Hanged Man and his relationship to Water. The idea here is that of being suspended, as in water. Floating passively. You do not act, but are acted upon. You go where the tides take you--and you are submerged within the unconscious, within intuition.

The water signs are signs closest to psychic powers. Also, the moon--which controls the tides. So it's all related to magic, psychic energy, etc.

gorgeousbutterfly

Ok, thirteen that is excatly what i thought the hanged man suspended like the water, just going with the flow just like the water is in nature. i got a sense of this and understood this but not in words. thanx you for that explanation :)