Tree Tarot (In Progress)

adriayna

Thank you everyone so much for your support. I am so excited to see how much people are liking this deck! I started this project as something for my own personal enrichment, and it has grown into much more than that. Thank you, thank you!

Yes, you are right about the border wear and the black borders. I guess I was kinda set on the borders, but... white doesn't fit the deck. I like the idea of black. The issue I've been having with borders/no borders really comes from balance an putting the name on the card.

My next attempt will be full color cards, no borders, except maybe on the bottom for the lettering. We'll see where that goes :). I'm happy to keep trying new things and getting feedback, hehe.

thorhammer

How about a border that starts with a fairly intense colour (I'd say green, but that's just me :)) at the edge of the image, then fades to white by the time it gets to the card edge? Then you'd have the space for the title, as well as no worries about wear, and you could choose your colour as you wish. There's always the option of having different colours for different suits - the Housewives deck is like that. It's got black for the Majors, blue for cups, yellow for wands, green for pents and red for swords, if my memory serves me aright. I wasn't pleased with the print quality of that deck, though, as the surface tends to peel back somewhat, leaving edges even more ragged than others. But that's an aside. :) Just a thought!

\m/ Kat

Briar Rose

I just found this thread, and I love your cards.

Your art work is fantastic. I am so looking forward to see this work in progress be completed. I bet it will be a fun deck to work with.

I love the theme and the colors you choose. It seems to havea lot of life and feeling in the pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing. Plese keep us up to date.

berrieh

Wow! I love them!

I think I would buy these in a heartbeat if they were done and available! Hopefully, someday they will be. I've never seen anything like this before, and I think it's stunning. Wish these were done and you had a publishing deal! :)

adriayna

Hehe, I have no idea even of how to look for a publishing deal. I suppose I could look and see. Either way, I hope to have them available for purchase, after so many people here have expressed interest! Most likely I'll do it myself and get a print run done. But maybe I should send it out when I'm nearing completion? Who knows!

Anyways...

I have the first seven wands up on my tarot blog now! (I posted them about a week ago and forgot to post here that I had updated them!) Comments are welcome! Remember that the wands are the "summer" months. In many cases, the trees themselves made excellent wands. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the three, but otherwise I think I'm fairly happy with them. Especially the seven of wands!

www.artisticjourneys.blogspot.com

berrieh

I definitely think you could sell these, and they could become a popular deck. So, I would definitely at least send it out when they're nearing completion (or maybe even before---you might be able to get them purchased beforehand; you never know!). :)

But I'm glad to hear they'll eventually be offered in some form.

the_surfacer

That Seven of Wands really is a great depiction. Every time you post new cards I get a great big grin on my face and I RUN right over to look at them.

adriayna

Why thank you, The Surfacer :). That just made my day! I LOVE that 7 of wands card too! I think I'm repainting the 3 tonight, I'm so not happy with it.

adriayna

More updates!

Hi everyone - I've updated my blog again with more cards!

http://artisticjourneys.blogspot.com/

I've repainted the three of wands because I was unhappy with the first one. I also painted the eight of wands, nine of wands, and ten of wands. Woot! Let me know what you think.

The rest are going to be tricky...

berrieh

I am glad you added water to that 3 of Wands. I feel like that's what was missing before.

I really love that 10 of Wands!

Are each of the suits going to be a Season? I can't wait to see the other Seasons...fall especially.