the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

alizarin

I refused to work on this last week, since it was cold and rainy, but the weather improved and I managed to finish it yesterday:

The Sun

I was concerned about doing a nice cheerful card in black & white, but it worked surprisingly well.

Only two more majors! Should be done within a week or two, and of course I'll share any and all publishing info here, no worries!

tabi

Oh...I love those. Very pretty and surprisingly detailed in a subtle way, they remind me of the movies/cartoons that Tim Burton makes. (the guy who did Nightmare Before Christman and the Corpse Bride, James and the Giant Peach).

OnePotato

Hello alizarin.

I'm a bit late to say it, but these are very nice.
I quite like your originality and the consistent atmosphere you have created.
Very well done!

It will be interesting to see what happens in the minors.

Best,
OnePotato

WolfyJames

I'm very late myself but those cards you have done are quite lovely. The contrast between the darkness and light is great and the art naive and childlike, dreamy-like. Keep going! :)

Sar

I think it is great that it is in black & white.

Chronata

It's always such a pleasure to come here and see another beautiful card finished.
The sun is lovely...even sunny in black and white.

Taken out of context it might look a bit gloomy...but it adds just the right touch of sunshine and joy to the rest of the images!

Patiently waiting for the limited edition details. Honest. :D

alizarin

Finished the penultimate major:

Judgement

Went the Egyptian route for this one, but I think it still blends in with the rest of the majors quite nicely.

The end (of the majors, at least) would be in sight if I had any idea whatsoever what I wanted to do with the World, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Thank you all again for the kind words and encouragement!

lilith

love your deck!!1

I was just passing through and stumbled across your thread.I love your majors.Their beautiful,especially my favorite the star.I love your version of temperance as well.I'll be keeping my eye on you.I posted your web on my favorites and will check in to see when you get these published.

Chronata

I have no doubt you will figure out the World in no time!
I suspect it will come in a brilliant flash of inspiration for you!

Judgment is genius...very nice symbolism...and yes...it does blend nicely with the deck!

alizarin

Chronata, you were right, I figured it out in no time at all:

The World

I wanted a nice full-circle kind of idea, and a World Tree/Tree of Life/Yggdrasil sort of thing, and I think this covers both nicely.

I'm going to go back and re-detail some of the earlier cards (you can tell by comparing this to the Fool how much better I got at painting in just black & white as I went along) and re-photograph and generally fix them up to look even nicer, but that shouldn't take more than a few weeks.

I did a happy dance around my apartment when I finished the World, my cats thought I was insane.

I'd like to thank everyone for your continual encouragement! I don't think I would have completed these nearly this fast if it weren't for all the positive feedback.