27-The Letter

214red

Okay i have a query about the letter, the LWB in the mystical says :
A letter i.e. a message is on its way and will get to you soon. You learn of news possibly via new communication methods such as e-mail, fax or text message

I feel this card is fairly neutral, it states you will get a message, and tells you how but really doesnt tell you what its about. Also is this always a written message?

The mystical has abit more details on the card, so the letter is carried by a dove which could mean that the message brings love and peace, but most others simply have a letter which by itself doesnt say much.

I would love to hear more thoughts on the letter, also combinations that you have seen with the letter in.
here is a thread on communication cards:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=161001
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=81619&page=3
will add other threads soon

Ronia

In my knowledge the Letter is basically good news. May be that's why it's pictured like that in your deck. It becomes negative only if the surrounding cards say so. And yes, the Letter was meant to be written - it may be anything from a note through a mobile message to an e-mail. Otherwise, it would be the Rider who can bring news all ways, including spoken word or the Birds who spread news, etc.

Mona18

I've used it as a document before when I was reading for my boss and her divorce. But I say yes, its always written.

214red

thanks for the response!
if you find the letter on the right hand side, how do you count it? left i would say its a message, the right card tells you more about it or who its from, what if its right?
So letter-lady- heart could e a message from a woman that you love or its about love, but what is lady-letter-heart, is that a lady of letter so a certified qualified woman?

Priestess

It's like the Tarot RED it all depends on the question and what the rest of the cars are saying around them. You generally wouldn't just have 3 cards. I hope this helps you somewhat.

Ronia

I agree with Priestess. But for the sake of the exercise, letter-lady-heart is news about something she desires, loves, etc. News that will touch her somehow. Or, she may receive news about her heart - health question.

mamawhodun

thanks for the response!
if you find the letter on the right hand side, how do you count it? left i would say its a message, the right card tells you more about it or who its from, what if its right?
So letter-lady- heart could e a message from a woman that you love or its about love, but what is lady-letter-heart, is that a lady of letter so a certified qualified woman?

Hi there;

Lady-Letter- Heart

In a three card combo I use the card on the Far Left as the Subject - so the subject here is the Lady (or the Querent). The Letter next to a Person card indicates a level of superficial concern. So the Lady is very passionately concerned about her appearance, i.e. her make-up, her wardrobe, etc. She is must be glamorous. She could be a professional model, actress, or "show-girl". She uses physical appearance as her lure to attract romance.

Mama Whodun

214red

very interesting Mama Whodun!
What about book+letter or letter+book

surely book+letter would say that its secret communication or something is hidden in a communication.

whereas

letter+book is a communication about a secret or something thats hidden

a sutble difference but one means you get the 'letter' one just tells you about it

mamawhodun

very interesting Mama Whodun!
What about book+letter or letter+book

surely book+letter would say that its secret communication or something is hidden in a communication.

whereas

letter+book is a communication about a secret or something thats hidden

a sutble difference but one means you get the 'letter' one just tells you about it

Hi 214red;

This particular pair/combo would depend on the actual image of the book on the card/deck you were using, i.e. what side is open or how the book is situated.

Closed side /spine Book + Letter: Information is not forthcoming. A "locked" document, an encrypted or coded message, etc.

Open side Book + Letter: This means you already know some of the secret/info you receive in the Letter. It jogs your memory or makes things clearer.

Letter + Book /closed side: The message does not reveal any information. You don't get the info you need in the document, email, etc.

Letter + Book open side: A message, letter, document reveals a secret, i.e. something you did not know before.

Note: A simple meaning of the combo book+ letter can refer to an actual chapter in a book. With the spine side facing the letter- a chapter yet to be read- with the open side of the book, a chapter already read.

Be well,
MW