The Next World Tarot

CherryNukaCola

That does look pretty amazing!
However, I am a little concerned that so little of the art is completed at this point. I would have thought it would have been better to hold the Kickstarter next year, when the majority of the art was produced and she was closer to the production stage.

thorhammer

I like it! But I share CNC's concern. I'll hold off on the trigger for a bit, I think.

Nemia

It reminds me a bit of Poppy Palin with its contemporary atmosphere - but I like the style much much more. I'll follow this deck's progress. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

strings of life

I just searched this board since I was going to create a thread about this.

I love the artwork enough to take the risk. You can see more of her art here (http://www.croadcore.org/drawings.htm).

That 2 of Swords and the Queen of Swords :love:.

strings of life

It reminds me a bit of Poppy Palin with its contemporary atmosphere - but I like the style much much more. I'll follow this deck's progress. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
I thought of that as well, but based on the video, this has been here brainchild for 8 years.

I hope it gets funded--just a bit under 3 weeks!

croadcore

Next World Tarot Live on Kickstarter

Hello! Ive been working on Next World Tarot card deck for some time now; and its finally time for completing the art, printing, and distributing. Ive worked with publishers for a long time; but it looks like ill need full agency over my magical oracle.

THE NEXT WORLD TAROT Card Deck is my (Cristy C. Road’s) post-apocalyptic reclamation of magic; showcasing
c76b8295cc9f387555557170bb183137.jpg
the planets outcasts. Pre-order yours to fund its creation, or donate what you can---- http://kck.st/1HVCzB5

You can see more of my work at www.croadcore.org

<3

strings of life

WHi croadcore, I'm so glad that you posted about your deck!

Another AT member created a thread about it (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=246988), so you have some supporters here :thumbsup:. Hopefully one of the moderators will merge the two thread if they see this.

I contributed to your Kickstarter campaign and really hope it gets funded and that you have the opportunity to publish your deck. I love the cards that I saw on the page and your website. The images look so readable, so raw.

I may also buy a print of your 2 of Swords--it's one of my favorites.

I watched your video and connected with story. I'm Puerto Rican (so Cuba is like a sister) and I love some of these influences in your artwork. And I live in NJ (but work in NYC), so I can can see some of the symbolism there as well.

croadcore

That does look pretty amazing!
However, I am a little concerned that so little of the art is completed at this point. I would have thought it would have been better to hold the Kickstarter next year, when the majority of the art was produced and she was closer to the production stage.

I cant finish the drawings becuase Im a full time freelance illustrator.... Publishers are not going to fund this project, but a kickstarter can. I need to get the funding for supplies and time. I need to be able to decline work so I can finish 3-4 cards a week. Ive been working without funding for 3 years, and as you can see, that doesnt work as long as my full-time job is drawing other people's ideas :(