10 of swords vrs the 6 of swords

Angelofearth

Hi this is my first thread on the site after reading it for years I am so excited! I just have a general question about the difference between the 10 of swords and the 6 of swords. I am having a hard time seeing the distinction.
I know that tens are generally about endings so I assume the 10 of swords would mean an end to communication or ending thoughts about a subject?

6's are about harmony and the six of swords seems to be about moving on to shore after sailing through rough waters.

However both cards seem to be about letting go so I guess I am wondering how the ten is saying something different from the 6. After all aren't both cards about moving on?

Thirteen

What are you sail towards?

6's are about harmony and the six of swords seems to be about moving on to shore after sailing through rough waters....However both cards seem to be about letting go so I guess I am wondering how the ten is saying something different from the 6. After all aren't both cards about moving on?
Hey, Angelofearth! Congrats on your first post in UTC.

It's a very good question. The answer is that the 10/Swords is like the end of a discussion. All information that could be gotten has been gotten, all that needed to be said was said. The rest is "silence" as they say. Or if you like, time for a new discussion. But the 6/Swords isn't leaving all the talk behind. It's more like moving out of arguments towards agreements.

That's something very important to remember about the 6/Swords: you're not just moving away from something. You're moving towards something as well. Away from rough waters towards the shore. Which is why some view this card as the "eureka" card. Because it can signal finally seeing a solution to a problem on the horizon. "Eureka! I think I know the solution!"....from imbalance to balance.

Does that help?

Angelofearth

I can't believe it...

Oh wow, my first message and I get an answer from the famous Thirteen. I feel very lucky at the moment. Yes I believe I understand what you are saying. 10 is the end what is done is done. The six is more saying that whatever problem that needed to be solved will be solved and will move to a solution, the situation itself is not over, at least not yet!