The Different Path's Spread

EnergeticAlien

Different Path's Spread

I do not know what this spread is really called. My ex-boyfriend showed it to me. I'm not really sure how popular it is, or where it came from. It could very well be a popular/infamous spread already... I've just never been able to find it anywhere. In a way, I guess I'm sort of asking if anyone else has seen it before or used it. It's not a very "traditional" kind of spread. I'd love to see some more variations of it, or tweaks anyone's done with it. I've used this spread on a number of occasions and it actually works rather well for me.

I will do my best to display it.

**6**
*8*3*
9*5*1
*7*2*
**4**

I use this spread when I'm confused about certain roads/paths to take in life during certain situations.

Position 1 is the basis of the situation/where you are now.
Position 2 and 3 are two different roads or paths (decisions) that you can go down or make.
Positions 4 and 5 are two different situations that can arise from deciding to go down the path indicated in position 2.
Positions 5 and 6 are another two different situations that can arise from deciding to go down the path indicated in position 3.

You'll notice that 5 is used twice, that is because that same situation is usually possible for both paths indicated in positions 2 and 3.

The remaining positions, 7 and 8, correspond to situations 4, 5, and 6 accordingly. If you hit situation 4, only 7 is usually the next situation. If you hit 5, both 7 and 8 are highly probable possibilities. If you hit situation 6, usually only 8 is the probable next situation.

Situation 9 is the overall outcome. This spread shows us how different paths can usually lead to the same conclusion - it's the journey that's important.

Um... I REALLY hope this made since. lol. I know it's a bit different, the positions don't have specific meanings, everything just builds on the previous cards revealing different possibilities.

like I said, I have no idea what this spread is called. i didn't make it, my ex-boyfriend showed it to me a year ago when I first got my deck. this spread was probably the only useful thing I learned from him. :-/ If it's well known, I apologize. I've just never been able to find it anywhere. use it, tweak it, discuss it, or hate it and banish me from the site forever. lol

GreenFlower

Hi,

Actually (sad to let you know), i've not come across this spread before. but no worries, 'cause i've just started using tarot 5 months ago, so probably there're experienced readers here who knew this spread and probably had a name for this.

Anyway, i'm now just right in the state of "confused about certain roads/paths to take in life during certain situations". lol, so i shall use this spread to enlighten me :)

WingspreadPhoenix

I've never heard of this spread before. I think it's cool how it shows the different outcomes for all of the possible situations instead of just for one situation like most spreads. I like it! Thanks for sharing :>

EnergeticAlien

Glad you two are finding it useful. :) Maybe my ex thought it up himself, or maybe someone he knew came up with - I really wasn't sure how uncommon of a spread it was. Guess now I know.

KafkasGhost

It's fascinating and I like the "cumulative" effect, the "choose your own adventure" aspect, and the end result, which, to me, is the idea that there are many doors to the same room.

I'm going to try it! Thank you for sharing this.

Mazzle

Energetic Alien - thank you for sharing this spread. Has brought real clarity to a Tower that has dominated my cards the past few days. I hate to use the word "inevitable" but interesting that both paths lead to the High Priestess, who has been whispering to me for a while now. Any day now the penny will drop!

EnergeticAlien

Mazzle said:
Energetic Alien - thank you for sharing this spread. Has brought real clarity to a Tower that has dominated my cards the past few days. I hate to use the word "inevitable" but interesting that both paths lead to the High Priestess, who has been whispering to me for a while now. Any day now the penny will drop!
Thanks, Mazzle. That seems like it would be another good reason to use this spread... When we get cards that we can't seem to shake or don't like or understand, we can use this spread to find out more about the situation, and the different paths/possibilities of it. Glad you found it useful.

Perris

Just tried this spread about my current love situation. It was a very good spread and clearly showed two different paths for the situation. Thanks for sharing!

wonderer

I am still very much an amateur with tarot but this spread really stood out. I am certainly looking at different paths at the moment and I drew some very interesting cards.... I will probably post my reading in the readings section to help with clarity. But thanks, I found it to be an awesome spread!!! :)