Symbolism in the RWS 6 of Cups

satanfurby

Wow! I have this habit of putting my deck away with a card i view as positive on top, to keep the packs vibes up... and half the time i choose this one! but upon closer look, it reminds me of the child snatcher in chitty chitty bang bang.... kinda freaky, actually!

satanfurby

This card to me has some eery coincidences leading towards MK Ultra, Monarch programming, mind control..... kids are taken at young age by people they trust, aka the friendly dwarf offering her flowers. Her gloved hand, a reference to the freemasons, who have been mysteriously interconnected with mind control ever since the gov. began experimenting with it. They are traumatized, and programmed with an alter personality. this could explain her having two faces. two personalities. the children grow up under constant supervision, this explains another persons feeling that the child seems like they have no control over their say in the matter. Their handlers control what she does. she has to take the flowers. a watchgaurd behind them keeps her locked in. very grim and eery, but he WAS a member of the golden dawn. just some thoughts...

satanfurby

I am so creeped out by this 6 of Cups card now. Thoughts of Little Red Riding Hood and her chaperon rouge...

Elle

me too. im reminded of the child snatcher from chitty chitty bang bang

come and get your lollipops!
come and get your flowers!

Zephyros

I don't seem to see this card as creepy at all. Being at Tiphareth in Briah, it shows Love in its highest Earthly, manifest quality. This is perhaps best shown in friendship, as love never dimishes the more it is shared, there is enough to go around. Here, Scorpio, under the double influence of two Suns (the inherent Sun of Tiphareth, and the Sun of this specific card) shows less of its deathly quality and more of its powers of directed energy and intent, i.e., this love is not only given but is also received.

Oh, and just for clarification, the Freemasons aren't involved in mind control... at least, I highly doubt it.

Richard

This card to me has some eery coincidences leading towards MK Ultra, Monarch programming, mind control..... kids are taken at young age by people they trust, aka the friendly dwarf offering her flowers. Her gloved hand, a reference to the freemasons, who have been mysteriously interconnected with mind control ever since the gov. began experimenting with it. They are traumatized, and programmed with an alter personality. this could explain her having two faces. two personalities. the children grow up under constant supervision, this explains another persons feeling that the child seems like they have no control over their say in the matter. Their handlers control what she does. she has to take the flowers. a watchgaurd behind them keeps her locked in. very grim and eery, but he WAS a member of the golden dawn. just some thoughts...
Before we conclude that the bigger kid is the evil dwarf, note that the little girl is also wearing a "dwarf hat" as well as the sinister Freemason glove. BTW, Freemasonry is a charitable organization, consisting mostly of older men who have little or no interest in the symbolism of its rituals, other than the moral significance. No doubt some Freemasons are bad guys (I'm thinking of certain politicians in the US), but there will be such in any club.

ETA. For the real significance of this card, read closrapexa's post as well as my earlier post #32 (coincidentally, a significant number in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry })).

Zephyros

Thank you, LRichard, but I am bad at explaining myself and write as if I assume everybody knows what I'm talking about. Saves time. :)

Anyway, there is perhaps an element of teaching here, if one looks further. I don't know if these are dwarfs at all, but children. Somehow automatically thinking of them as dwarfs seems to smack of Disney, which perhaps wasn't the case at the time. However, the sixes are of course closely related to the Princes (Knights in the RWS), children in themselves yet acting as the Higher Selves of the Pages (Princesses). A teacher imparts knowledge and wisdom, sharing knowledge of higher realms and perhaps occult truths (the Mason mitten). All the flowers have five petals, the number of Geburah, the emanation of will, of desire and of volition and change.

The solar symbolism of "giving love" is continued in the shield, which bears a saltire (diagonal cross) which, according to Wikipedia "early Christians endorsed its solar symbolism as appropriate to Christ."

Looking at Liber 777, sky blue or similar seems a pretty popular color, so I can't fathom why they would be wearing the same colors (even assuming the RWS uses the official GD colors, which of course it doesn't always). I guess blue for water seems simplest.

satanfurby

Before we conclude that the bigger kid is the evil dwarf, note that the little girl is also wearing a "dwarf hat" as well as the sinister Freemason glove. BTW, Freemasonry is a charitable organization, consisting mostly of older men who have little or no interest in the symbolism of its rituals, other than the moral significance. No doubt some Freemasons are bad guys (I'm thinking of certain politicians in the US), but there will be such in any club.

ETA. For the real significance of this card, read closrapexa's post as well as my earlier post #32 (coincidentally, a significant number in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry })).

Its very controvercial as to what the upper level freemasons are up to, because not only are we not allowed to know, neither are the lower level freemasons! It's a controversial subject, but the evidence is no doubt there. (but thats for a different forum)

ravenest

Who says we are not allowed to know ... I know.

In any case I am wondering if this thread is about the symbolism on the card (the picture and symbols shown only) or the symbols in the card (inferred but not obvious, eg. the number, qabalistic associations, 777 comparisons etc.)

For me, when I started in RW I got very different ideas visually from the cards externally than I do now after learning the 'other stuff' ( Freemasonry included ;) ) - mostly from Thoth.

I find the RW symbolism very 'localised' where the Thoth I find more accessible and eclectic.

Zephyros

In many instances the RWS does manage to fulfill its purpose, that is, to depict esoteric concepts exoterically. With this card especially, I came full circle in finding out it was what it looked like, even if you have to look for it.

Richard

Its very controvercial as to what the upper level freemasons are up to, because not only are we not allowed to know, neither are the lower level freemasons! It's a controversial subject, but the evidence is no doubt there. (but thats for a different forum)
To me the glove looks more like a garden work glove than a Freemason's dress glove, which would go better with a top hat, tuxedo, and a silver-tipped ebony walking stick. I'm not really into conspiracy theories myself (in spite of my user title :D), but it can be a fascinating subject.