Tarot Book Club?

kalliope

Maybe if we picked tarot or divination related books, even if they are fiction, the club might survive better? Just brainstorming, because I'd maybe be interested in this.

Shade

I was definitely thinking of a Tarot book given that it's the one connective element for the folks on the site.

Specifically I was thinking of a non-fiction book club.

If we did choose Holistic Tarot I bet we could get Ms Wen to participate, I know she has seen the thread about it. I wonder if the Marseille book is too niche for the first go at this. I do want to learn to use that system but I'm not sure how popular it is What else has come out recently?

gregory

I'd only give a toss about fiction. We don't all want to read the same tarot book at any one time. (I am about to reread Chicken Qabala. I doubt if most people would want that one - but I refuse to read the Pictorial Key or Forest of Souls just now; they aren't where I'm at !)

How's about Andromeda Klein ? The most BRILLIANT tarot novel ever, IMNVHO !

kalliope

I figured you were meaning a non-fiction tarot type book, Shade. I thought it was encouraging that the past failed book clubs were for fiction, not divination. It means there's still a slight chance that a tarot one might actually work. :laugh:

Holistic Tarot might be a popular option for a first attempt because it's new and most haven't read it yet. While I'd love to have Wen pop her head in if she wanted, I'd hate for it to feel like a structured study group, or for people to censor comments because she was formally involved.

Andromeda Klein is on my fiction wishlist because I've seen you recommend it so many times, gregory. But I actually WOULD vote for Chicken Qabala if others wanted it, because I've been meaning to read it forever, and my brain needs extra help with the Qabala...

Barleywine

But I actually WOULD vote for Chicken Qabala if others wanted it, because I've been meaning to read it forever, and my brain needs extra help with the Qabala...

Be careful what you wish for. We have some "qabalah heavyweights" around here who would love to unload on you :) I would read the Chicken Qabala because I like Duquette's style, even though most of the qabalah books I've read up to now have been of the more challenging "Side of Beef" variety.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

This thread has been renamed "Tarot Book Club" as this is the Tarot Books & Media forum on Aeclectic tarot and discussion should center around Tarot Books. If folks wish to setup a non-tarot book club that would need to be done over in the Chat forum.

Shade

This thread has been renamed "Tarot Book Club" as this is the Tarot Books & Media forum on Aeclectic tarot and discussion should center around Tarot Books. If folks wish to setup a non-tarot book club that would need to be done over in the Chat forum.

Thank you!

staticfuzz

I love book clubs (active participant in three of them!) and I would be interested but funds are tight. If I get a decent lead time (couple weeks) I could probably get most things on interlibrary loan though. I think chatting about ideas in books is a grand old time and you learn so much!

kalliope

Be careful what you wish for. We have some "qabalah heavyweights" around here who would love to unload on you :) I would read the Chicken Qabala because I like Duquette's style, even though most of the qabalah books I've read up to now have been of the more challenging "Side of Beef" variety.

Haha, yes, I know. I lurk and read many of those threads to try to let it all soak in, so I'm familiar with the heavyweights!