Scythe as a place?

beekie

So I've been practicing my adjectives to describe places with my lennie cards and was kind of stuck on scythe. Pain and/or quick are my key words, but I don't have much when it comes to describing a place.

My initial thoughts were:
Tattoo shop
Sport bar (Scythe could be darts)
Acupuncture office
Kitchen (cuttlary)

What other places could the Scythe be used to describe?

GotH

Barren or flatland came to mind.. Like the desert maybe?

Padma

Barren or flatland came to mind.. Like the desert maybe?

Interesting, as there would be nothing to mow in the desert!

Myself I would think: Doctor's office, dentist's office (and your tattoo and acupuncture places), hospital, veterinarian, as well as drilling/construction sites, taxidermist, hunting grounds, hayfields, grassy fields, weapon shop. Counselor's office, court of law (difficult words, harsh words, quick decisions, emotional ruptures, divorce, etc). Accident sites. Professional kitchens. Barbers, hairdressers, manicurist. (all use cutting tools).

I would also think of places that are cold, where the people are not friendly, or places like large cities, where quick decisions mean survival, and sharp words are the norm.

celticnoodle

pretty much like Padma stated and include surgery room or working in a factory where they make clothes (seamstress type of deal), or perhaps even in a place like a metal shop--where they would be cutting things. Anything like that. Even in fabric shops like Joanne Fabric Stores, etc. Hair stylist, barber, the list goes on and on. Landscaping business too.

Honeysun

Wheat fields :) I associate Scythe with farming and countryside (pretty obvious).

GotH

Interesting, as there would be nothing to mow in the desert!

Hi Padma.. :)

That's the idea though, nothing grows very tall in the desert. That's what scythes do, leave things bare.

beekie

Thanks everyone this is great! I think with barren, to me, also makes me think of no grass or no padding.... concrete hard floors!

Sharla

A dentist
Operating table...surgery....hospital.
A dangerous situation....or place.
A running track...where people are quickly running.
Somewhere where your cutting something...abattoir. hairdressers.

Teheuti

When would Scythe most likely come up as a place? By itself it has nothing to do with place, so it would need more of a context to even begin to lend itself to this kind of interpretation.

For me, this would be when:

* it comes immediately after, or otherwise modifies, a card like House or Tower or maybe Garden. I mean, how do you know it means a place, in a more general reading, rather than any of its more usual meanings? For instance, House-Scythe could be anything from a garden shed to a small surgery or building demolishment (a ruin?). I'd look to see if Tree were near before thinking it is health-related (unless that's the question).

* when the question/issue is asking for a location (Where should I go on my vacation? This person lives where?) and the other cards in the layout support/confirm one of the possibilities mentioned in the responses above. Hummm: Scythe as a place to go on a vacation - a recently harvested countryside? The person lives in a war-torn country?

* looking for a lost object. The item might be near a sharp object (knife, scissors?), by the lawn mower or in a recently dug up yard/field, etc., etc.

My first thought on seeing Scythe associated with place would be danger, sharp, a cut or cut-off or where there has been a harvest.

Suggestion - don't give too much detail to an individual card and stick closely to the core keywords. cArds work best in combination, otherwise it is easy to over-complicate and get off track.

Scythe-Bouquet-Woman - a hair cutting appointment or a florist? Place: salon or florist-shop?
Scythe-Snake-Mountain - a very dangerous mountainous, winding road with detour OR beware a sharp-tongued, devious large woman between you and the place you want to go?--(oops, overly complicated!)

Added: Scythe-Bouquet - facelift or cosmetic surgery but a place????