'Colorize' The Everyman Tarot?

What do you think of the Everyman Tarot Colorized?

• Oh, NO! The B & W version is very powerful! Leave it!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Maybe it will work ... it could be interesting to have a copy of each version.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Oh, YES! I will definately buy it if you colorize it!

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarotbear

Skies ...

Over in 'Talking Tarot' I asked if anyone noticed that all the skies and clouds in Pixie's Aces are gray ... and ideas as to why. This is a sample of a possible sky gradation for the Aces - although most of it would never show since the image on the Aces is rather large. In this way the skies are blue when the card is upright and gray when the card is reversed.

What think you?

Attachments

• Sky gradation.jpg
    Sky gradation.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 139

tarotbear

Like so ....

Attachments

• Cups 001G.jpg
    Cups 001G.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 138

Richard

Over in 'Talking Tarot' I asked if anyone noticed that all the skies and clouds in Pixie's Aces are gray ... and ideas as to why......
The aces are associated with Kether, the first circle on the Tree of Life, and the color for Kether is white. The aces live in the white world of Kether, so the sky is left uncolored in the Golden Dawn (Wang) and BOTA aces. As usual, Waite didn't want to reveal too much information about the Tree of Life associations. Gray was sort of a compromise between white and colored skies. Also, the Pixie cards, being fairly colorful, would look unfinished if the skies were left totally uncolored. Personally, I don't think its a big deal. I like color.

Attachments

• aces.jpg
    aces.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 135

tarotbear

Well if you take a look at my colorized Aces - I have no connections to the GD, BOTA, SDS, or LS/MFT - I decided that when upright the Aces would have 'blue' skies and when reversed the Aces would reveal 'gray' skies.

{P.S. - I also liked that color-blending technique! :D There is 10 colors in the skies of 'Judgement'!}

Attachments

• IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 135

tarotbear

At this moment ...

At this moment the colorized Majors, Cups, and Pentacle Suits are completed. There is no timeline to complete the rest of the deck. From Jan 3 to March 15, 2014 I was displaced by flooding, so I did work on the cards since I was living in many places and had my laptop with me. However, now that I am back in my apartment my cross-stitching project is top priority since I did not stitch on that for almost 10 weeks.

The Jan 3 flooding also displaced the release of the Second Edition of the original Everyman (B&W) Tarot. While colorizing the suits I also made changes to the B&W versions, so at the moment I am waiting until I complete the Wands & Swords in case I make any major decisions that affects the artwork. Ultimately, I will offer the Original B&W version as a Second Edition, and also the Colorized version on Gamecrafters.

Attachments

• Cups 005R.jpg
    Cups 005R.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Cups 010R.jpg
    Cups 010R.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Pent 003.jpg
    Pent 003.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Pent 007.jpg
    Pent 007.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 127

rwcarter

Thanks for the update Tarotbear! Glad to hear you survived all the madness.

tarotbear

Atmospherics ...

How do you like this one? Pic # 1) Before; # 2) After colorization

I will be SO GLAD when I get the Swords completed! You get tired of painting a lot of grays and keeping the edges of the swords from warping as you color.

NO ...

I still have about 20 cards left to color ... no time schedule for completion yet.

Attachments

• Swords 006R.jpg
    Swords 006R.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Swords 006G.jpg
    Swords 006G.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 141