The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

sapienza

Hello. I completely let my blog slide and although I continued working with the Vacchetta for awhile I then moved on to the Ancient Italian and then after that I went crazy hopping about from one deck to another for awhile. I've just decided to start and IDS with Dame Fortune's Wheel and so thought I'd do my PDR with it too. Rather than posting to a blog I'm just going to post my thoughts in the study group here on the forum. I'm looking forward to working with this deck.

pippi

Is there going to be a new thread started for 2010? I want in! :)

Onyx

pippi said:

I am pretty sure I am going to do it again. It was great! I will change some of my expectations and may allow it to work within my 78 Weeks study ideas but yeah I am going to do it again.

I may or may not use the same deck that I did this year or stick with it the whole year along. I am looking at using a Rider-Waite or very close clone like the Universal Waite.

Allan

teomat

Me too! I'm struggling with doing an IDS (have tried and failed several times), so this whole PDR approach seems a lot more friendly to me. It might turn into an IDS anyway!

My original IDS goal was to go back to basics and try to 'properly' learn one of the big three (TdM, RWS or Thoth). I originally tried an IDS with the TdM, but struggled with the pips. I then switched to the Thoth, but however much I find the ideas behind it interesting, I just don't like the deck itself. It's too chaotic for me.

So...my pocket RWS has won. But I still want the freedom to play with my other decks, so it'd be great to have a 2010 PDR thread.

firefrost

I'm bowing out, I failed miserably. After the first few weeks, I couldn't think of anything to read on and it became a chore. I enjoyed it up until then.

I'm not proud of my lack of commitment but at least I know not to join in these things anymore.

I take my hat off to you all who will commit and fare better than I did, and I hope you have an enlightening year!

firecatpickles

pippi said:
pippi, go for it! Who knows, I might actually try it again...

Like firefrost, I failed miserably and it started to become a chore. It cut into my reading-for-others time and eventually that gave way to Life. It has been a long year with many, some welcome, surprises.

pippi

Well, I'm definitely going to try! I won't have the time to be the one in charge of maintaining the thread full of links, so if no one wants to start a new thread, I'll be doing my PDR Hermit-style! :)

strings of life

This sounds feasible. I'd like in as well for 2010 :).

firecatpickles

Ok, so we're still looking for someone to take this over. I am working and going to school fulltime for the next year-and-a-half, so anyone who'd like to step up, please do.

Sinduction

I'm doing the 78 week study too, not sure I can do both.

One to study and one to read with? I will have to think on it.

And no new deck for the new year so I'd have to go with something I already have... :D