The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck: The Sequel!!!

Cat*

A. Nonny Mouse Deck (2/3) -- Minor Arcana (Cups & Wands)

If you know anything at all about the questions that have been bolded, please let us know as soon as possible!!!

[size=+1]Cups[/size]

Ace - Inana -- LWB: Drink from the fountain, feel, let your emotions flower.

Two (1)- reassigned to canid -- LWB: As with The Lovers, can be about choices. Relationships & love's healing power. Marriage, harmony, soulmate, passion.

Two (2) - reassigned to Cat* -- LWB: Hey, I likes you. Let's do...SOMETHING together! [Note: The reversed meanings are meant to offer a different perspective on the same concept. They can also be taken as shadow aspects of the card. Actual shuffling for reversed cards is optional.]

Three - All Is One -- LWB: The Happy Mouse can often be found here, with three full cups beside him.

Four - reassigned to rhombchick -- One card is there, the other has been re-done. On its way to gregory... LWB: You know there is a problem when cheese no longer lights up your life.

Five - reassigned to Cat* -- LWB: Oh! Oh! You're losing your balance! / Rx: ...but at least you won't be stuck anymore. (Note: The reversed meanings are meant to offer a different perspective on the same concept. They can also be taken as shadow aspects of the card. Actual shuffling for reversed cards is optional.)

Six - reassigned to Guiding Cauldron -- LWB: The power of water allows us to emerge as a renewed person. Transform yourself with a fresh overhaul. Travel your path, face your fears so that you may live your dreams! Travel to your own fountain of youth within you.

Seven - minrice -- LWB: Options, options, maybe too many options? The 7 Cups is a light hearted card, urging you to explore your choices and emotions. But be careful not to be paralyzed with the inability to choose!

Eight - reassigned to Sebavin -- LWB: A mouse leaves his dwelling after having outgrown it. He clutches a small piece of cheese, the last reminder of his past as he ventures out to find a new home.

Nine (1) - Feretian -- LWB: A Meadow Mouse lofts milkweed seeds into the night purely for the fun of it. Recognize the good bits of the World around you, and embrace them.

Nine (2) - Eowyn -- LWB: Also known as the wish card, this is one of the most wanted cards between all the minors. It has golden colors, so try to catch it while shuffling.

Ten - reassigned to rhombchick -- LWB: Community. Giving, loving and sharing, no matter where you're from or what you look like.

Page - Chronata -- LWB: A fish in hand is worth at least one creative conversation. A fish in a bowl is worthy of a whole symphony of creativity!

Knight - reassigned to victoria.star -- LWB: This little mousey certainly can pull out all the charm and knock damsels in distress off their daintily clad feet. He seems to know all the right things to say and do. Beware, though, all you love-smitten maidens... The Knight of Cups rides a child's stick pony for a reason--it reflects his inner nature and his inability to provide that which a true Queen requires--maturity, sincerity and fidelity.

Queen - reassigned to gregory -- LWB: OK - I may have everything - but it's a lonely life; how lucky that I have my cups...

King - mythos -- LWB: A King "in his cups" – i.e. a drunkard, bulging with his favourite Brie Brew. Kings are supposed to be mature and responsible but having read a lot of history I have found that there have been a plethora of drunks, crazy-men, vicious bastards and greedy pigs. Inbreeding maybe a part of the problem. Make of them what you will.

[size=+1]Wands :party: complete! :party:[/size]

Ace - Aulruna -- LWB: A field mouse climbs a grain stalk. Field mice are famed for their resourcefulness and determination - while the sun
is up, they need to secure their provisions.

Two - Umbrae -- LWB: Twos are about the opportunity for conflict or cooperation. // The Two of Wands is a card of growth. It may represent a gateway to a new reality. It may be asking "What is the next project" as it often heralds the early stages of an enterprise, or being on the threshold of a decision. Looking forward and planning. // Here we see our friend, about to climb the wands to gain entrance to the next doorway…

Three - lark -- LWB: Our little mouse carries a matchstick as he walks across the top of a box of Rosebud matches. Two other matches lie on the ground ready for his attention. He is in pursuit of a little spark to light the matches of his next big idea.

Four - reassigned to minrice -- LWB: For now, life is balanced and all is well. Life is a celebration! Now is the time to kick back and have some fun. Step out into the sunshine and enjoy life's gifts.

Five - Ravenswing -- LWB: It's all fun and games until someone let's in the cat.

Six (1) - reassigned to Feretian -- LWB: A brave lone Mouse defends his bit of kitchen counter, wielding a sharp pretzel against the hostile
pretzel warriors below. Stand up for yourself against detractors; you are in the right.

Six (2) - reassigned to Guiding Cauldron -- LWB: Change weaknesses into strengths, having things work FOR you not against you! Don't let others disscourage you, TRUST what you believe and stand up for it.

Seven - Feretian -- LWB: Come any closer and I'll poke your eye out. Self-preservation.

Eight - HudsonGray -- LWB: There is a time where immediate action is required, and this is it! Move your butt! Get in gear and GO because there's a darn good reason to right now, right here. This is where you 'just do it'.

Nine (1) - reassigned to canid -- LWB: One last obstacle can be overcome by drawing on your reserves. Duty. Hidden enemies, rest, waiting.

Nine (2) - reassigned to gregory -- LWB: Look. Nine wands. Count them. Nice, aren't they?

Ten - HudsonGray -- LWB: Some people say you can never have 'too much' but honestly, you can. Good intentions aside, working overtime on any action can burn a person out. We get to that stage by forgetting to say 'no' when we should be balancing our actions against what's needed. Yes, you will have the most toys, goodies, thingies on the block, but your enjoyment of them is more of an uphill battle than the feeling of a job well done. Time to stop and reevaluate your priorities a bit before it goes too far.

Page - Chronata -- LWB: Mouses are always full of new schemes and good ideas. This one has more enthusiasm than most...But only if he gets to be in the spotlight!

Knight - lark -- LWB: The Knight of Wands rides on his trusty Zebra, carrying his crystal wand, looking for new adventure. He is unique, adventurous, insightful and creative. He sees things differently and helps us see them that way too. (Original design created from sock puppets.)

Queen - Retrokat -- LWB: The Queen of Wands is no mousey-mouse. She is a lover of pleasure, a sipper of wine and a nibbler of nuts and sweetmeats.

King - Debra -- LWB: (for the one with the match) Firestarter! // (for the one with the firecracker) Firecracker!

...the Swords and Pentacles/Coins will follow in another post...

Cat*

A. Nonny Mouse Deck (3/3) -- Minor Arcana (Swords & Pentacles/Coins)

If you know anything at all about the questions that have been bolded, please let us know as soon as possible!!!

[size=+1]Swords[/size]

Ace - All Is One -- LWB: Victory over Self is best achieved with a round sword.

Two - Aerin -- LWB: There's a CAT in the room and you are still trying logic to decide what to do. Take the blinkers off and LOOK!

Three - NEW: reassigned to Aulruna -- On their way to gregory :) -- LWB: A sad mouse sits before a pierced heart. She has not yet realized that the skewers piercing the heart actually have cheese on them. The Three of Sword is about painful experiences, but understanding what happened will help to find the cheese.

Four - minrice -- LWB: Rest is what you need right now, the pressures and stresses of fulfilling your various roles in life (no matter how important!) are starting to wear you down. Take a mental break and recharge...if you're good to yourself you'll be good to others.

Five - similia (now called Grigori) -- LWB: Have you stolen the cheese, or are you caught in the trap?

Six - Sebavin -- LWB: A small family of mice find themselves in a teacup, immigrating to a calm shore. Smoke billows into the night sky from the shore they once called home. // Divinatory meanings: escaping bad situations; entering good ones, journey by water, new endeavors, leaving behind old patterns of behavior.

Seven - blue_fusion -- LWB: Now we know who's been stealing the olives!

Eight - reassigned to Cat* -- LWB: That feeling of being trapped you're currently experiencing? It's all in your head... // Rx: ...but these traps you keep yourself in are often the most powerful of them all.

Nine - reassigned to Debra -- LWB: Aieeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh no oh no oh no!
It's a nightmare.

Ten - Feretian -- LWB: Indisputably, unalterably, and irrevocably concluded.

Page - reassigned to Sebavin -- LWB: A young mouse is on a darkened cobblestone road, illuminated by the light of a nearby lamppost. He sits watching, waiting, anticipating.

Knight - truelighth -- LWB: The Knight is rushing into battle, eager and full of confidence. Even though he is not really ready for it (hobby horse, toy sword).

Queen - Stefficus -- LWB: This queen can see right through nonsense to the truth - and she will. Her wit is sharp and the king had to win her mind, not her heart. But make no mistake, she is all woman underneath and everything that entails. She is lively and honest, quick to solve problems with logical, elegant solutions if upright, but can be prone to be rigid, unfeeling, or bitter if turned on her head.

King - mythos -- LWB: Greedy. Slicing, with his trusty sword. Carving out more and more, to expand his Kingdom of Cheesetopia. Kings are supposed to be mature and responsible but having read a lot of history I have found that there have been a plethora of drunks, crazy-men, vicious bastards and greedy pigs. Inbreeding maybe a part of the problem. Make of them what you will.

[size=+1]Pentacles/Coins :party: complete! :party:[/size]

Ace - Oddity -- LWB: In the cupboard, the mice just found a giant round cheese and are now dancing happily on and around it. Smaller cheese and fruit are on the shelves too. There's more than enough for everyone, and no cats or traps in sight: Sudden riches, great luck, happy ending (or perhaps a happy beginning!) Health, joy, happiness, physical safety, security. A really fine traditionally made cheese is like a piece of art, made with love by someone who takes pride in their work. It can take a long time to mature to perfection. The same goes for fruit, obviously. Soul and love that manifest in the physical world can't be faked. It turns everything it touches into a treasure, a gift.

Two - Netzach -- LWB: (For the juggling mouse: ) It's fun keeping nuts in the air - but you can't eat them till you drop them and relax. // (For the seesaw mice: ) Up and down, up and down. There can be advantages to both if you get the balance right.

Three - Aerin -- LWB: Part instinct, part craftmouseship. What nest are you building? What do you excel at?

Four - Lutestring -- LWB: A mouse holds on to his acorns.

Five - missycab -- LWB: It is Winter and it is snowing hard. A poor mouse sits by a closed window. It's warmer inside. The mouse has only an old blanket that gives him little warmth. / Meanings: poverty, cold treatment, economic struggles, finding closed doors, need of warmth and affection.

Six - stefficus -- LWB: A card at the heart of the A. Nonny Mouse tradition. Is your mailbox flag up or down... are you giving or receiving? We are usually near one part of the cycle or the other, and this card nudges you to prepare for or expect charity. Both are a blessing! Don't be afraid to give OR get, and strive do both with grace.

Seven - Aerin -- LWB: Poor bat. Divided by evolution, shunned by many but still trying to reap a harvest fit for a mouse. But will the fruit rot before it can be used? Timing is everything.

Eight - Cat* -- LWB: Finding the best way to get things done. Developing skill by combining repetition and variation. // Rx: Not putting thoughts into practice. Unhelpful perfectionism. Note: The reversed meanings are meant to offer a different perspective on the same concept. They can also be taken as shadow aspects of the card. Actual shuffling for reversed cards is optional.

Nine - reassigned to Aulruna -- LWB: An accomplished mouse is her own mistress.

Ten - Guiding Cauldron -- LWB: Home, hearth and bounty! Even during the lean times there's bounty surrounding you, so celebrate the goodness! There's always something you can give even in seemingly tight times financially, giving your time or efforts is as precious as any gift that you could buy. Remember all things with love, surrounding yourself to those close to you, expecting nothing in return.

Page - reassigned to minrice -- LWB: This Page is studious, curious, and focused! Perhaps you are learning something new or looking at something old in a new way. Whatever the instance, you are a student of life! Try looking at every person and every circumstance as though it has something valuable to teach you.

Knight - cirom -- LWB: Here we see our faithful and reliable Mousey Knight of Coins. Duty calls and he stands alert and ready to bravely defend against any approaching enemy. But of course to do that properly it would help if you could actually see them coming. So at his size its might be better to stand on a mushroom and get a better look.

Queen - reassigned to Equidies -- LWB: The Queen of Pentacles sits serenely on her simple throne. She doesn't seek to separate herself from her subjects, and likes nothing better than to share her finest cheeses with family and guests alike. She is definitely a mice mouse! / She sits close to a finely gnawed mousehole but doesn't take the safety of her beloved fellow mice lightly. It's no coincidence that this is the room into which the dreaded cat is forbidden to stray. / She is always ready with a comforting word or a crumb of cheese and mice often come to her with their problems. This is a warm and approachable mouse who is loved and trusted by all who have the pleasure of meeting her, with the simple exception of those who would seek to harm her subjects. Those with malicious intent will be shown the sharpness of the royal teeth! / (For the extra queen: ) The poor blurry queen, her only crime is caring too much!

King - reassigned to Guiding Cauldron -- LWB: Hard work is needed to cultivate goodness in your life only then will you be able to enjoy the sweetness that life has to offer you! Work with it NOT against it and be contented.

[size=+1]Bags :party: complete! :party:[/size]

The Bag for the Deck - Lillie

The Bag for the Other Deck - baba-prague

gregory

All I have to say is that I was under the impression that more of these cards have hit Ferrytwinkle than seem to have done by this list.....

Cat*

gregory said:
All I have to say is that I was under the impression that more of these cards have hit Ferrytwinkle than seem to have done by this list.....
Yeah, me too. But I checked all Nonny Deck-related threads, ran endless forum searches, and only could verify the ones I posted. :(

It is entirely possible that Feretian has simply not posted about receiving some of the cards. In fact, I really, really hope that this is the explanation for the strange increase in missing(?!) cards.

And what do we do about the LWB entries? I think it could be a good idea to PM everyone of whom we don't know for sure that they have sent LWB entries to Feretian, just to ask for a confirmation. Many may have just PMed their LWB entries to Feretian, or included them with their cards...

Anyway, I have just sent a PM to Feretian to ask her to check my most recent lists and compare them with her stack of cards and list of LWB entries. I hope she can get back to me/us soon-ish, so I can then send friendly PMs to anyone whose cards and/or LWB entries still remain missing or maybe-missing...

gregory

Hello all - I have just had an email from FerryTwinkle. Life has struck her big time lately and - as she puts it -

One crisis after another has been my lot lately. So the Mouse deck has been low on the list.....
And she is feeling just awful about it all.

However, she has plans to be extremely with us for the first two weeks in February and sort ABSOLUTELY everything out then and FINISH it.

So hang fire folks - the MouseMother is still with us in spirit; send her happy thoughts and stuff ! :D

ETA good idea to PM everyone about LWB entries - then we can present MouseMom with a complete ? My Nine Wands remains "Look. Nine wands. Count them. Nice, aren't they ? "

I think it's inspired :D

EEEK did I not do LWBs for my Queen ? Later.... Bedtime !

gregory

Nay verily I did SO do the QoC LWB: I didst find it in the last thread. Eventually - for some reason it only shows 10 posts to a page (I am set to 50) - NIGHTMARE.

OK - I may have everything - but it's a lonely life; how lucky that I have my cups.....

Cat* - please add !
PS by the way - I only did one 9 wands - I was advised that was all that was needed ? I think canid did the other ? and Ferry told us that my Queens of cups had arrived a while ago. That IS in a thread......

Cat*

gregory said:
Nay verily I did SO do the QoC LWB
[...]
Cat* - please add !
Thanks for letting me know. I must have overlooked this - sorry! It's added now. :)

gregory said:
PS by the way - I only did one 9 wands - I was advised that was all that was needed ? I think canid did the other ? and Ferry told us that my Queens of cups had arrived a while ago. That IS in a thread......
Yes, canid did the other. The 3-part list has been updated accordingly.

See, this is why I need you people to help me here! I do overlook things, so if anyone knows anything else has been sent, please let me know!

And yes, the Queens of Cups have arrived, too. This has always been in the first post of this thread. :)

---

To avoid any further confusion, here's some more info about the 3-part list (from posts #90, 91, and 92 of this thread):

- Every card that is NOT bolded: We know for sure that this card has safely arrived at Feretian's. :)

- Every card that does NOT have the text of it's LWB entry behind it: I DON'T KNOW if Feretian ever got the text. If any of you know more than I do, please let me know.

- Every card/contributor that HAS been bolded: This needs to be checked/verified by Feretian when she returns to this thread.

- ALL CARDS/CONTRIBUTORS: Please don't be offended if you are among the bolded ones or those without LWB entries!!! This is a list of what I know, put together to the best of my ability. I may have overlooked things. Feretian may have forgotten to post about the arrival of cards. This list is not supposed to make anyone feel bad - it's supposed to help us all keep track of this project, and to make Feretian's work a little easier when she comes back. :)

gregory

ohhhhh ummmmm OK.

She hopes to have a quick look here over the weekend.... But anyway in Feb.