The shadowscapes Tarot

Cerulean

What a rich resume of decks!

You or others have already expressed a preference for a gorgeous array of intricate decks.

While Shadowscapres is lyrical, and has its own world of stories, two of your decks - the Thoth and Celestial--have Golden Dawn decanates with deeper Western esoteric assignments. Also the colors are vibrant.

The Mythic also did have a suit-to-story assignment I remember as similar to Kris Waldherr's Lovers Tarot from U.S. Games. It might be more an interpersonal relationship deck though. There is a book by the artist.

I could see the green and gold of the Mystic Faery as more delicate in line and the meanings more RWS standard for individual situations. It's cup suit has a relational story between a male and female.

There are many intricate Fairy Tale tarots and ones associated with computer or role playing games or gothic themes...and the moody decks are atmospheric. I hesitate to suggest any more without thinking and reading a litle more about your likes.

Kloeyy said:
I am searching high and low for a really good new deck. I am eyeballing the newly released Shadowscapes Tarot. See it here: http://www.llewellyn.com/product_browse_inside.php?ean=9780738715797#browse_inside

I need a deck that offers a storyline to the card. I am a very visual reader, I can see into the card and relate it to the actual experience the client had or is about to have. But I can only get this type of vision with really detailed cards.
The two other decks I have been looking at are actually Oracle cards, not sure I really need an Oracle deck. I just need a really good Tarot deck.

I have the Celestrial Tarot that I have been using for about 3 years. I learned to read the Tarot with Alexster Crowly's Thoth deck. I was good at reading with it but I could pick up his dislike for the female everytime a Cup card came up, and it interrupts my flow while reading. So, I switched to the Mythic tarot. After so many years of using them, they just fell apart. So, that brings you to present day. Let me know what you think and I am open to suggestions for a great deck.

MidnightSoul

I have Shadowscapes on order for my Birthday yesterday, and it shipped from Amazon today. It is the first deck since I bought Connolly and Vampires of the Eternal Night that has excited me. I owe so much of my ability in art to the teaching of Stephanie Pui Mun Law. I will forever be in her debt though she knows me not.

Le Fanu

How explicitly, hardcore "faerie" is the Shadowscapes? Any guys out there who like it?

MidnightSoul

It is truly neither masculine nor feminine, and I would consider it one of the wisest and yet also most obscure decks I have laid eyes on. Obscure in symbolism. You will need to plan to do your research, unless the book Barbara Moore has written for it conveys the subtleties of the symbolism. This is an advanced readers deck in my personal opinion. Know your stuff, or plan to learn, and enjoy the asian influence in the art! :)

MidnightSoul

Oh btw, if an Oracle with a "story" and ease of use interests you, I just discovered the best oracle I have ever used. It is called The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards. By Colette Baron-Reid. I can't bring myself to put it down since getting it a few weeks ago. It is magnificent. And suitable for both men and women to read from.

Water Lady

shadowscapes is really beautiful and full and symbols, but seeing them and their detail is really difficult, even when you know it is there. example the owl holding the key on the high priestess.
what a shame to have such detail and not be able to see it. Maybe cards should have been bigger or printing of painting somehow larger. I don't know how they do it.

shadowdancer

I take on board comments re the detail, but I have the same issue with the Pearls of Wisdom. For that, I bought a magnifying glass with 4 LED lights. Means at night I can look at this with the light only on the cards which does make for nice effect

Davina

MidnightSoul

One her website she sells large prints of the cards for a nominal fee, suitable for hanging on ones wall. The detail is indeed magnificent.

Water Lady

IF thery are that large how could you use them as cards?

MidnightSoul

The same way we all do. The actual Art is HUGE. They are then in her case drum scanned and reduced to card size. In my case, I also can print to full size Posters as well. But my files are digital, no drum scanning necessary.