Color?

Should 'The Everyman Tarot' deck become colored images?

• I think you should leave the images alone! (B/W)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I think you should color them in - tastefully.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I think you should have a colored deck but B/W illustrations

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I will buy your deck, anyway, B/W or colored!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarotbear

I have just written my cover letter to send with my tarot deck proposal to Llewellyn. I have done everything they have asked, including 4 Majors, 4 Minors, and 4 Court cards.

I am about to send this all off and I still have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that if they were colored images and not just B/W line drawings that Llewellyn might be more interested.

In the scheme of things I know I have 12 weeks to wait for an answer.

I dunno - you can see the card images I posted in my thread on my book (starts @ page 3) http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177546 - should I make a copy and color them in with pencils? Create a colored version for a deck but let the book still be illustrated with the B/W orignals for clarity? I have this idea that making blue skies and green grass will water down the impact or interfere with the simplicity of the images.

Comments? Suggestions?

Carla

Color the important bits and leave the background stuff white (like the sky)?

Winterchild

Good Luck!!

I just saw your images... they are sooooo smile bringing! The Fool is perfect, I can see him prancing along... great expression. Love The Magician, and oh my your Hermit is sooo clever, he is fantastic!!

I really like them B&W, but I would tru Carla's suggestion and alos a fully coloured one..try the options..post here, we will help.

I really wish you all the best TB because your spirit shines out through these drawings :heart:

tarotbear

cute

Someone suggested I 'should consult my cards!'

Disa

I voted black and white because I like these cards just as they are.

However, if you decide to color them, maybe use more of a variety of color than the RW- I can't stand all those primary colors. But that's just me :)