exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

Moonboy

wow!

That card is GREAT!

sacredashes

I wonder what forces are at work this night...

LOL.. I had just finished writing about the moon and here you are...

Thanks, moonboy.. appreciate your support, feel free to roam about.. I believe there is a card about you somewhere in here..

Take care and g'nite.

Ash

firefrost

Oh, wow...Oh, wow

Ash, you're an amazing artist.

sacredashes

3 of Swords

firefrost,

welcome back :) and thank you.

Removed 22.01.2008

rogue

Is it a sickle? This one is the best yet, both artistically and symbolically. The scene here is so personal that it's universal. You've outdone yourself again Ash.

sacredashes

Dear friend,

I am glad you like this card. In this card, the world of science and the spiritual realm come together so that one doesn't cancel out the other.

In Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, it is suggested that what is in our mind effects our emotions, thus, we feel bad about ourselves and what happens around us based on how we perceive the external world. The traditional RWS 3 of Swords speak of the same thing.

I wanted to show an image that links two worlds, so far apart yet so alike.
I merely shared the image of you, me and everyone else in that moment where we cut ourselves open with self-defeating thoughts.

You are right in that it is private because the scars are never seen by the naked eye, are they?

Ash

Durant Hapke

3 x 3...

Ash Blaster,

3 of Swards -- Very detailed.

I "rock on" with that snake action head deal on the column. It's bringing knowledge, no?

Perhaps the entire seen is set on the body of a great lizard, that with the scales all about the place -- quiet provocative.

Was wondering about the characters on the sward blade, what the translation might be?

And the candles number nine -- three times three -- underscoring the notion of duplicity you wrote of -- nice.

What about the decision of not including three swards in the graphic?

Interesting.

Durant "my crown is square" Hapke

sacredashes

Durant... you make me smile every time you drop by here.. :) like the man with music in his soul...

the words on the sword are what we were taught from infancy.. what we turn back to when faced with adversity.. it is our perception of reality based on how we were raised... in truth, they are not from any language.. call them gibberish... or better yet, doodles of a disturbed mind.

and there are three swords in this card, Durant. One of soceity that rules over us, one that is broken (the hilt lies on the floor beside her with the blade in her hand) while the last sword is on her forehead.. right over her third eye.

What we perceive outside effects us inside but it is with a broken sword that we do the most damage to ourselves, not the event itself.

Do you still dance, Durant? :)

Ash

Durant Hapke

Wind Swept Ash,

Rocking good, rocking interesting.

It's a dense bit of work -- a deep ink well.

When I was a kid, there was this brush and pallet club my neighbor was a member of (his name was Howard, he had a weird lump that poked out of his guts, you'd see it when he wore a t-shirt in the summer, mostly when he was mowing his lawn). They'd get together and paint in the parks and beaches, a lot of them would paint houses and benches, you know. Anyway, they're mostly dead now, but I'd say he would have been super into your action -- he did a lot of pen and ink things as well... He was a good one.

Durant "remembering the dead" Hapke

sacredashes

Durant Hapke said:
Durant "remembering the dead" Hapke

They sound like fine people, your friends... All right then... let this be in memory of your losses... and mine.

To those who have come and gone before us, they who walked this earth before you and I,
The ones who moved mountains and broke empires; they who walked humble,
To those with wings and those without,
To the ones who have forsaken us and those whom we have forsaken,
To those who loved us once and... :) love us still,
To the ones who loathed us once and... }) loathe us still....,
And finally, to those who showed us what living is all about,
Let us remember them.. they who showed us that life is worth the journey.

Your crown may be square, Durant... but it shines so bright... I can see it from here. :)

Ash

21.09.2007:

I was told about this today and it saddens me how far we have fallen from nobilily.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/9/19/nation/18927333&sec=nation

rest in peace, nurin. tears for an angel who lived amongst beasts for such a short time...