the urnash tarot

MeeWah

Can see the depiction of The High Priestess to represent duality, especially as it pertains to the unconscious & conscious realms. The High Priestess accesses both or 'dances' between them naturally.

I like it! & the rest of the deck, too.

Myrrha

Egypt Urnash said:
As I read Greer/Little's book on the Court cards, I find myself wondering if my addition of the 0 of Void needs to be balanced by a Void Court. Dunno. It's more work but if it still feels like a good idea after I've done a chunk of the usual courts, I guess I'll have to do it.

Many readers find court cards difficult to read. They can point to specific people or they can point to attitudes you should take. When you are reading for someone else you don't know who the people are in their life. Which way do you read it? So it is confusing. Having lots of court cards in a spread is not really a good thing.

I like the 0 of Void card, and I thought I understood what you meant by "void". The "0" fits perfectly but if it has a court, is it still the void? I wouldn't worry about balancing it. Can the void be unbalanced?

This is a brilliant deck! Thanks for sharing so much of your process here.

Egypt Urnash

MeeWah pretty much nailed what's going on in my HP. There's something there about personal gnosis and quantum indeterminacy, as well; notice that the swirling rainbows are focused on the overlapping eye in the middle - her third eye, depending on how you think about it.

The notes from the brainstorming session with my boyfriend say:
H. Pstess: quantum entanglement
(self-dupe overlapping)
moon
gnostic Divine Experience
(seductive)

There was going to be a kind of veil swooshing around the two of her but it made things too visually confusing. I had to find a pretty sideways approach to this one and the High Priest; I've been in a church about ten times in my entire life, so the Christian allegories floating around these two cards really didn't speak to me.

As to the possible Void Court - I still haven't decided, though the desire to see it all finished is making one less and less likely! The 0 is about absence-of-suitness (pre-Big Bang monobloc/raw Chaos/etc); the Court would be about absence-of-person or absence-of-facet-of-self. Cards for the ghosts in your life; cards for very particular kinds of absence and lack (and possible chaotic raw potential). As with all of my additions to the traditional 78, I will encourage people to discard them if they don't think they work. (Thinking about them in that context gives me another reason to do them for balance: these moody, pensive cards will balance the general silliness of the 99 of each suit!) (Speaking of sharing process... *grin* )

And yeah, the Courts are generally confounding! I've done all the quick and easy cards long ago; in the last couple of months before the gallery showing I'm down to all the ones I put off until later. Later's now; my to-do list is down to one more Major, seven Courts, and six extras that I can't touch until the traditional 78 are on their way to the printer!

As always, thanks for the kind words, folks! Back to Illustrator for me; I had a mini-vacation after the Priestess and I need to get a card done before I sleep tonight.

Myrrha

Egypt Urnash said:
As to the possible Void Court - I still haven't decided, though the desire to see it all finished is making one less and less likely! The 0 is about absence-of-suitness (pre-Big Bang monobloc/raw Chaos/etc); the Court would be about absence-of-person or absence-of-facet-of-self. Cards for the ghosts in your life; cards for very particular kinds of absence and lack (and possible chaotic raw potential). As with all of my additions to the traditional 78, I will encourage people to discard them if they don't think they work. (Thinking about them in that context gives me another reason to do them for balance: these moody, pensive cards will balance the general silliness of the 99 of each suit!) (Speaking of sharing process... *grin* )

Wow! That would be really interesting in readings.

--Myrrha

Egypt Urnash

"do you MIND? I was busy DRAWING!" *snicker*

tarotberry

Egypt Urnash said:
"do you MIND? I was busy DRAWING!" *snicker*

i think that's what so great about it!!! my tarot collection is sadly lacking in snark so far...thank heavens you're working on this! :D

Egypt Urnash

This deck has a little bit of snark in it but I've mostly tried to suppress it - I can be very very snarky sometimes, and I wanted this to be more uplifting than snarky.

On the other hand, when I was about 1/3 through it, I got drunk one night and crapped out 1/6 of The Tarot Of The Yiffy Vixens (Definitely NSFW!). Now that's a snarky deck.

...when I'm done with the real deck, or at least the 78 cards that'll be at the show, I need to get drunk and finish that one off.