the urnash tarot

rwcarter

Egypt Urnash said:
On the other hand, when I was about 1/3 through it, I got drunk one night and crapped out 1/6 of The Tarot Of The Yiffy Vixens. Now that's a snarky deck.
:laugh: LOVE IT!!!!!! :laugh:

I'd buy it if you completed it.

Rodney

tarotberry

Egypt Urnash said:
This deck has a little bit of snark in it but I've mostly tried to suppress it - I can be very very snarky sometimes, and I wanted this to be more uplifting than snarky.

On the other hand, when I was about 1/3 through it, I got drunk one night and crapped out 1/6 of The Tarot Of The Yiffy Vixens (Definitely NSFW!). Now that's a snarky deck.

...when I'm done with the real deck, or at least the 78 cards that'll be at the show, I need to get drunk and finish that one off.

ha ha...looking at all of the cards, it's a really beautiful, thoughtful deck...with only a HINT of snark. i should have been more specific.

the hint, however, is delightful. })

Egypt Urnash

Queen of Wands

I think any realistic look at the world needs to have a certain amount of snark in it. *grin*

DeaconBlues

I would SO buy this deck.

I wants it, the precioussssss!!! You're doing an amazing job!

Voron

Egypt Urnash said:
the Court would be about absence-of-person or absence-of-facet-of-self. Cards for the ghosts in your life; cards for very particular kinds of absence and lack (and possible chaotic raw potential). As with all of my additions to the traditional 78, I will encourage people to discard them if they don't think they work. (Thinking about them in that context gives me another reason to do them for balance: these moody, pensive cards will balance the general silliness of the 99 of each suit!) (Speaking of sharing process... *grin* )

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a Void Court. So, would the King be "King of Void" or the "Void King?" And would he represent "Air of Void" or "Void of Air?" I'm thinking that the latter *might* actually make more sense in each case....
And what sexes would the Chev & Pr be?

I really hope you do these....

Hmmmm....There's got to be literary figures for these, too... e.g. For some reason Sandman comes to mind for the Void King... (eek licensing issues!)

Egypt Urnash

78%20Evasions.jpg

I'm not sure I mentioned this here, but I'll be having a gallery show of the traditional 78 cards at a Boston gallery at the end of this August. More info at my LJ and the gallery's site; if you're near Boston this is a chance to see these things at sizes far larger than they'll be on a card - up to about 2x3 feet.

Thanks, Deacon! Hopefully you'll be able to buy it sometime soon. I've been too busy getting the art done in time for the show to seriously hunt a publisher; now that I'm nearly done with that, I'll be able to do that in between printing and framing.

Voron, those are some very good questions that I really don't have an answer for yet! I know that they'll be labeled the same as the 0 of (VOID), with just the letter in the corner, and no suit symbol. The issue of air-in-absence or absence-of-air is one I haven't considered, and will have to turn over in the back of my head as I work on the other extras (99s, Fools, and the Querent/Narrator/?). As to literary figures to use for inspiration... trust me, even if I do start from someone bound up by copyright, they won't be recognizable by the time they hit the card. I'm also thinking that part of the absence might actually be an absence of person - four Mary Celeste scenes, with the figure just stepped out, or long gone, who can tell? Signifiers of them all over, but the person themself is nowhere to be seen. It'd be a strong disruption of the pattern that the Courts are very much portraits, and my instinct is always that patterns are made to be broken, because that calls attention to both the pattern and the thing that breaks it...

(I suppose some people might do this sort of thinking loooong before they got to this point, but the 0 of (VOID) popped into my head somewhere around the midpoint of this project, not at the beginning!)

XIII

Kwap! Should have stayed in Boston!

I have been following every post and card of this thread. I think this deck is incredibly lively and fun, but also with a quirky depth. I also really liked when the whole deck started to come together on your site, and how the colour schemes worked.

Good job.

Egypt Urnash

King of Swords

Boston wasn't cold enough for you, XIII? *grin* Anyway, thanks - I've trying to make this a dynamic, pretty deck, with a lot of thought hidden beneath it, and it always makes me happy when people tell me I've managed that!

It's getting real close to done, too. Two suits down, one Major and two Courts left. Plus the six-or-ten extras of course.