the urnash tarot

Egypt Urnash

Just a brief bump of this thread to mention two things:

1. I pretty much have a publisher. Things are not 100% confirmed yet so I'm not going to say who, but it's looking like you'll be able to buy a pretty lovely edition of the Silicon Dawn Tarot in the first quarter of 2011 if all goes well. (Folks with handmade decks will be very likely be getting one of the professionally-printed ones gratis.)

2. I'm moving cross-country and trying to get rid of some of the prints left over from the gallery show I had when I finished the base 78 cards. If you'd like a huge, lovely one-off print (the closest a digital artist like me comes to an "original") of one of the Majors still in my possession, go here and leave a comment or e-mail me.

…and now back to packing.

truelighth

Oh, that is great news, about the publisher! I am certainly looking forward to getting a copy of your deck. So I will (im)patiently wait till 2011 now }).

Cat*

truelighth said:
Oh, that is great news, about the publisher! I am certainly looking forward to getting a copy of your deck. So I will (im)patiently wait till 2011 now }).
Yes. That. :)

rwcarter

Congrats (fingers crossed) on getting published! And congrats on the move, especially cross-country.

Will the published deck have the extra cards (void court, 99s, maiden/mother/crone Fools, etc) and/or will those of us who bought the special edition be getting those cards any time soon?

Rodney

callistoluna

Congratulations - I'll watch the progress with interest!

Faolainn Storm

Congratulations on the possible publication. I hope, whoever the publishers are, that it is picked up for publishing. Your deck is beautiful and unique and as such is much more deserving of publication than many of the repetitive and derivative works that are published every year.

Do let us know when it is confirmed so we can all put it on our wish lists.

FS

kaesrel

I ran through this thread just now and though I know you've heard it a million times, this looks amazing! :D

Congrats on getting published! Are you planning on having a companion book with this deck? I read what you wrote for a few of the cards and loved your explanations, especially the 0. The fact that you referenced programming, chaos theory, AND quantum entanglement is already enough for me to get it! <33

heron

Likewise - I want to pre-order..right NOW!

Egypt Urnash

Rodney, yes, I've still got the remnants of the various backing papers I used, and do plan to be sending out booster packs once I have all the extras done! Right now I'm dithering over the other 99s and the Void court; I'm really feeling like what I have in my notes for them isn't strong enough to be worth going with the rest of the deck - I'd rather spend my time making the LWB good, and doing some polish here and there. The published deck will definitely have three Fools, History, and the 0 of (VOID); the 99P is very likely to make it in there too.

Kaesrel, right now we're just looking at a brief LWB, though I'm hoping to incorporate some of the essays I've already written into it. Down the line I may also put together a longer book; it depends on how much makes it into what goes in the box.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Egypt Urnash

0(0). The Fool (abandoned)

This has been sitting on my computer for a few weeks now. Nearly done, all it needed was to have the hovering camera-globes get colored, but it just wasn't right - too fearful, too menacing. Too small; I drew this one direct in Illustrator on my new 24" monitor, instead of starting with a sketch that read well in a 5.5x8" sketchbook. I sat down today and knocked out a much better rough that says some of the same things much more eloquently, or at least it will after I apply some Illustrator magic to it.

I suspect every Tarot deck has one or two of these - cards left abandoned on the cutting-room floor, cards that went all the way to completion but just didn't work. I might send this one out to owners of hand-made decks when I do the little add-on packs of the last cards; call this the −1 Fool and slip it in when you want that extra edge of dark menace to your reading… but really, it's a obsessive focus on the downer side of the Fool/Void juxtaposition, and belongs in a darker, gothier deck than the Slicon Dawn.