FaeChylde: some hints on how to understand your natal chart

Moongold

Dear FaeChylde,

Astrology is the study of the cycles of the planets. It doesn’t claim that planets have direct influence on our lives. It works because the same forces or energies that move the planets move us. We are all part of the universe and we all follow the same cycles and patterns. By watching the movements of the planets we can understand the nature of the cycles that affect us.

As above, so below
As within, so without
As the universe, so the soul

Thanks to Kevin Burk Astrology: understanding the birth chart for this material.

Your astrological chart is a snapshot of the universe as it was at the exact moment of your birth. One way of understanding this is almost like a psychic genetic imprint that may explain certain psychological, spiritual and emotional characteristics that you have. Some say physical too. You can move away from these characteristics, change them in fact., and most of us do as part of our journey. I have found the astrological explanations to be the most accurate of any in understanding my life

Back to fundamentals. Your chart basically has five compoments:

Elements are the energy substances of experience. Same as Tarot in a way- Fire, Air, Earth and Water. My software program weights the elements in a particular way which I don’t quite understand. Your chart shows particularly balanced elements overall: Fire 6, Earth.7. Air, 6 and water, 4.

Signs are the primary energy patterns and indicate qualities of experience. For instance, your Sun is in Sagittarius. This possible means that you are generally an optimistic person, always searching for meaning, sometimes quite forthright and so on. Your moon is in Virgo and your Ascendant is in Capricorn. If you become interested in astrology it would be fun to get the book by Kevin Burk I have already mentioned to follow these indicators further. There are 12 signs.

Planets regulate energy flow and represent the dimensions of experience.. For instance, if we say your Sun is in Sagittarius, this is key information because your Sun is your birth sign and provides key information about the way you experience and act in the world.

Houses represents the fields of experience wherein specific energies will be most easily expressed and most directly encountered. For example your Moon is in Virgo in the 8th House.

This could mean that you have great capacity to tune in to the deepest emotional signals in other people. You have the capacity to help other people in emotional need, and you would make an effective counsellor on a psychological level. If you learn to face your inner emotional fears, you can guide others through theirs. Part of your life journey will be to come to terms with inner anxieties These are simply possible interpretations.

The Aspects reveal the dynamics and intensity of experience as well as how the energies within the individual interact.

So this is all a very complex and sophisticated way of understanding who we are and how we function in the world. It is not a matter of predetermination at all. Once we understand, have insight, we can determine our own journey.

Thanks to Stephen Arroyo Chart Interpretation Handbook for much of the latter material.

FaeChylde, I have prepared a report for you from World of Wisdom a program which has quite comprehensive and good interpretations of your birth chart. I actually bought the program from Astrodienst who operate www.astro.com. I think it is one of the better computer generated reports but I’d like you to have it because it gives a basic analysis of your chart according to all the components I’ve described above. If you understand it as simply a beginning point it might be worth having,

It’s prepared in PDF format in colour so I cam email it to you if you PM me your email address.

Many blessings ~

Moongold

Moongold

Your Saturn

Your Saturn is in Aries in the Second House

This could mean that you are a very self-reliant person who works extremely hard to build a strong material foundation for your family.

You’re very patient and hardworking, really determined but you may sell yourself a little short professionally and personally

In your natal chart your Saturn opposes Mars and this is a very strong aspect that would have had a major impact on your life. You are quite polarized at times, I suspect. Really hardworking and disciplined a lot of the time and quite paralyzed by inertia at others. This may be to do with high expectations and discipline and a strong fear of failure. It also might be worth considering the issue you raised in CHAT recently on terms of this aspect.

You should perhaps be doing something that you really enjoy, take risks in because of that and look forward to doing this work that you love every day.

You're good at detailed work, systems and planning and perhaps are reluctant to do the more creative risk things that would stretch you and give you much satisfaction.

Now you have already been though your first Saturn Return so you may well have addressed this.

Your Ascendant is in Capricorn as well, and Saturn rules Capricorn so the Saturn influence in your chart is quite sigificant. A Capricorn Ascendant can often express itself iin negativity (I know this well also having a Cap. Ascendant.) This can often be a protection against other vulnerabilities however. There are many things could take into account here.

See? This can be fun and so illuminating :)

Moongold