Blood Moon

WalesWoman

Too bad it wasn't last night, when the skies were clear, as luck would have it fog and clouds moved in at 4:30 pm and by the time it was time for things to happen, there was zip for visibility, but luckily from Oslo, via web cam we are watching it. COOL!
http://webcast1.uio.no/oslo1_eng.html

FantasyWorld

Originally posted by WalesWoman
Too bad it wasn't last night, when the skies were clear, as luck would have it fog and clouds moved in at 4:30 pm and by the time it was time for things to happen, there was zip for visibility, but luckily from Oslo, via web cam we are watching it. COOL!
http://webcast1.uio.no/oslo1_eng.html

It was cloudy where I am too and only got a slight peek at the redness and none of the eclipse but your link was great thanks so much for posting it!!!!

Peace
Alanna

Cerulean

One hour ago 8:22 pm

We were flying back home.

Two hours ago, we were awaiting take off and I saw the streaks of the evening sunset on one side of the plane.

An hour ago, we faced under the wing a bank of clouds obscuring the city lights, flying into the airport, my brother and I.

Boston Red Sox, bottom of the sixth, said the flight announcer. Look to the right wing, there's a part of the lunar eclipse.

I looked and saw the half moonshadow, it was dark and dim gray and light-rimmed at the edge.

It was a fitting ghostly, unusual end to a day filled with family and neighborhood faces...if I were to dub the unrealness of today, the day and night of the Blood Moon is not about strangeness. Its about the reflection of those of my own blood and birth and my life choices up to now. We said our last goodbye to a mother of six, grandmother of 20 and great-grandmother to 13...a gentle matriach, laid to rest under a blood moon.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

WolfSpirit

Well I did not see a thing :( Too many clouds and it was also raining heavily. The sky was a weird colour though, not really dark. I was really disappointed, as the night before was very clear, almost like those frost nights...lots of stars...oh well.

Fulgour

The heavens were clear until the last, returning portion when
rolling clouds alternately obscured and revealed the renewal.
It lasted almost four hours, and we were chilled but delirious.
Just this morning we went out ~ and there full She was, still...
Jupiter and Venus to the East, Saturn overhead, and over the
Western horizon, as if nothing had even happened, the Moon.
It's light now, and all foggy. March 03, 2007 will be our next.

PurpleGoddess

She was with me all night!

Hi
What a specatular time for me. I've never watched a lunar eclipse before. It started about 9:15 am in CT, full eclipse took about an hour and the rest was under cloud cover. i sahred it w/my cousin in ny it was really cool to hear her developmentally challenged son in excitement watching it!

I slept really well after that. I was hoping to share it w/my friend but he can't sit still for more than 5 minutes so i just let him go. i was bundled up in a ski jacket, gloves and blanket! all in all it was a good experience for me...i'm a triple cancer! so mother was comforting me last night..i'll be ok and love will find itself in my heart again.

peace

Alissa

Almost the entire cast of the Rocky Horror show went out back, not just the smokers, during the break in rehearsals to go see the moon. What a sight it was.....

firemaiden

I watched it in the parking lot, in my car with the cd playing :D

It was beautiful!!

Satori

I was here making the scarecrow candy necklaces for tomorrow's kindergarten party.

Could not sleep. Kept hearing voices on the wind, voices in the hum of the air filter, voices saying things to me....as I tried to drift into sleep. Very hard getting to sleep, once there, I was unrousable!

((((((Cerulean)))))))
Blessings to you and yours....

amyel

Here in Ottawa, it was a crisp, clear night, so I was able to see it through all it's stages, from the actual eclipse/shadow of the earth across the moon to the foggy looking orangey-red haze over it.

It was really lovely to see and from reading others who couldn't see it because of cloud cover, I count myself lucky indeed.

I also read in my "Moon Magic" book that any lunar eclipse is especially potent, so I waited until the height of the orange haze and wrote out a "wish" spell, which I burned with the appropriate herbs in the safety of the BBQ (Dorothy Morrison would be so proud!).