2012 incoded within Rider Waite

Laura Borealis

Lillie said:
Three.

The union flag (not the union jack, by the way) is made through the combination of three crosses.

Not to get off-topic, but is the term union jack incorrect (or offensive)? I have always heard it called that, but I'm on the other side of the pond.

Back on topic, I am curious how Orion gets to be the father of the Egyptian Nut, since he is from Greek mythology (with roots in Crete, possibly). Even if you equate the constellation Orion with Osiris, which some claim, the relationship is turned around: Osiris is Nut's son. She's one of the most ancient Egyptian deities, after all. If you can cite a source that supports your interesting take on the pantheon of Egypt, GRAFLIX1, I'd be interested in reading it.

Lillie

Lol, no.

Everyone calls it that, I'm just being pedantic for the sake of it. Or perhaps because if someone is going to use it in a theory they ought to know the correct name for it rather than what is effectively a nickname.

It is the Union Flag and combines the flags of Ireland, Scotland and England, all of which are crosses.
Technically it is only the Union Jack when it is flown from the bowsprit of a ship.

But every one calls it the Union Jack. I do.
But if I was using some other countries flag in a pet theory of mine I would make sure I had got it correct, both in what it showed and what it was called and why.

Laura Borealis

Thanks Linnie :)

And I agree. One of the problems with these kinds of theories is they seem to hinge on a lot of details, and when some of the details are off, people will come and nitpick (like I have with Orion). And the more the details ring false, the less credibility the whole seems to have. I'm not buying this 2012 theory but I'd give it a bit more consideration if it hung together better. (And if it were presented straightforwardly, instead of with the secretive, "I know something you don't know" attitude which pervades even the so-called explanation.)

re-pete-a

Nut's legs and arms were said to each reside at the cross points.

With one of her legs in the east from where the sun is rolled up her leg by the scarab dung beetle ,Khepera the creator, where it becomes mature as Ra the sun God who later became Atum the elder.

Nut also gave birth to five children on the five epagomenal days of the Egyptian calendar.
Osiris, Horus, Set, Isis, Nephthys.

Keep going GRAFLIX1,
without your stirrings I wouldn't even know that
The columns , the dung beetle, the mountains ,are making more sense as far as the cards go.
I wont mind if your info isn't 100%, I'll choose what I want from your welcome presentation.I can research for myself, given enough information that encourages a broader picture and a greater understanding.

It's great folly to shoot the messengers.
I'm fairly sure others are interested in your take as well.

GRAFLIX1

JACK relates to a flag displayed upon a ship.

Yes there is three crosses upon the British "FLAG" but if you look closely, they are (and intensionally) designed to only form two: the Galactic and Earth crosses.

Even is you look into the word LONDON, you will find that it means City of Light.

In the land of LUD.

Please do service to yourself and take time to look at an astrological map. It is all there. the two fury animals are as I say.

For a symbologist, you need to research, have hunches, and seek what is in the shadows.

People talk about the interpretation of "CATs" within the cards, but it is not the cat you should be concerned about - per se - for at times, the spotted cat denotes the realm of the firmament. This is why you see individuals draped in a leopard skin --- and this is why there are so many LEO's within the linage of Papedom.

It goes back to the shamanism-ism-ism isism.

It is al very well to read the cards as the "BOOKS" tell you what the symbols mean, but to venture off into the realm of hidden covertness, runs the risk of being visited by men in black :)

GRAFLIX1

It is Wales, Ms Lillie which forms the third cross - you should know this if you went to school, over there! (LUDon= LUXon = LIGHTon) ON= Orb-- so we have the Light of the Orb (SUN).

OBELISK = O (orb) BEL (god) ISK (great) = great orb of god.

I think you are all hindering your perception by not considering (and researching for yourself) what is presented before you.

It is an understandable reaction for one perceived attack to immediately put up defences, however, history has shown that it is the attacking force which brings new innovations and ways of advancement.

It is all logical. The Dung beetle pushing the Orb of the sun. It is there in history, to which the Christians endevoured to erase. This is why it is all in the cards.

The Pillar of smoke is plainly expressed there in the so-called "Good Book". It is not some kind of camp fire. It is the Milky Way. Drum it in! It is the Milky Way! The burning olive branch refers to the oil which keeps alight the "LIGHT", the LUX.

This is the highest charka, so envied by the mystics. The LUX is what it is all about - especially upon its ecliptic - nothing more, nothing less.

Hinduism is the last remnant of the old wisdoms.

The City of ANGKOR in Cambodia, means HOUSE of HORUS. ANGKOR, HATHOR, KATHOR, KATHORINE (KATE) and we find the linage reflected within the houses of Royalty.

It is so obvious, you are advised to be aware of those who discredit. For what is their motive to deny you the truth.

Lillie

GRAFLIX1 said:
It is Wales, Ms Lillie which forms the third cross - you should know this if you went to school, over there!

Really, you are joking, aren't you?

Lol...

Google it.
For god's sake just google it...
Please...

ETA.
In the interest of clarity I would like to add that at the time the flag was created the cross of St Patrick was used to represent the whole of Ireland, as it was all, at that time, part of the United Kingdom.
Now, of course it only represents Northern Ireland or Ulster, as since 1921 this is all that remains of Ireland within the UK.
The main part of Ireland has its own flag now as it is an independent country.

Wales has never been represented on the Union Jack, neither with its dragon flag nor by the cross of its patron, Saint David.
This is because when the flag was created Wales was a principality of England and not a kingdom.

This is just history.
And yes, I learned it in school.

GRAFLIX1

Ms jenny-writer, in stumbling upon the code, I truly think I was lead.

It basically all started with the Pleiades star cluster, which, for some reason, was popping up in my literature. I actually emailed a number of academics who had no idea what I was alluding to (miss-informers).

I have own a deck of the Witches cards for 35 years and although I don't read, per se, I now pursue the symbology beyond what is presented. I decided to enlarge a couple of cards and display upon my lounge room wall, something akin to displaying an old family portrait. One of these cards was the FOOL.

One evening I was looking at the card and reminising about my youth and of time long gone when suddenly, I realised that the pebbles strewn by the Fool, actually formed the Pleiades cluster.

This cluster is found expressed upon Egyptian hierogliphics, Mesopotamian stele, and to freak you out, the Vatican City is aligned to this cluster. This is how important this single star cluster is/has been to many cultures.

In realising that the cards held a cosmological code, I since found more correlations to astronomical sign. But what was the purpose. The so-called academics couldn't tell me so I had to work it out my self.

What it simply meant is that it is a hidden code (from the Church) handed down to those privy of the knowledge of what the ancients held to be so sacred. It is the precession of the equinoxes - nothing more nothing less, but it is there in the cards to be seen as the cards were a means in which to hide the secret - as too alchemy etc.

Its awareness has opened up my mind's eye! I now plainly see so much, otherwise confusing data, to be now explainable and so simple in its devise.

If you allow yourself the time to at least re-afirm what I have expunged, particularly the elements within the MOON card, you will never interpret the card the same, ever again. You will begin to walk the path that was denied to so may poor souls, who sadly died upon the stake.

You are privy to knowledge that only a few will ever comprehend - and the beauty is that it is happening right now - in our own life time.

I have contacted a number of "tarot" designers who are amazed to finally discern the hidden codes.

The cards have a specific meaning, and in a sense, are a timeless bible. When people think they can simply go out and create pretty pictures and call them a set of tarot, they are really discrediting all the sacred knowledge, all the sacred priests and all the souls who perished, trying to preserve this arcana of sacred knowledge.

It has been a fantastic year of discovery, Next, I am attempting to discover the origins of the Hebrew alphabet to that of Yoga and the stars.

This is why I can't read any more. I've gone beyond.

Debra

I'm interested in the astronomical and calendar aspects. It sounds like the relevant parts of the Rider-Waite major arcana are based on the earlier Marseille-style decks, if I understand correctly. And it doesn't sound like 2012 per se is so important, as just the fact of looking to the stars.

So thanks, GRAFLIX1

re-pete-a

Debra.
The RWS deck has changed the Strength card, 8, for the Justice card, 11.
card 8 would be Justice.
card 11 would be Strength.
That makes the progression a little different.

Graflix1
I've come across a book printed in 1955 and is a direct copy of a book first printed in 1930.
You may find it interesting and a handy addition to your collection.
It's printed by
Dover Publications
180 Varick St
New York 10014
SBN 486201627.

The title is ;
THE BOOK OF SIGNS.
by Rudolf Koch.
It contains 493 symbols from the earliest times to the middle ages by primitive peoples and early Christians.

It throws a new light on the symbols depicted in the Rider Waite Smith deck.

I know what you mean when you state that you can see more in the cards than the topical insinuations .
I was speaking to Russell Sturgess , author of the book Metanoia, With his brilliant overview of the TDM's Major arcana and how he made sense of the flow of that Major arcana ; about symbolism's hidden in the cards, and was able to point out a few that he had missed himself.( he knew way more than I)

The modern cards , have missed (perhaps) these hidden messages and therefore missed the psychic linking to the super conscious collective. Though that's my opinion .For some others they work just fine as a link.

What I would like to ask is , in your opinion , is there any connection between the information you have picked up from your researches that relates to the time frames you mention ,and what it's mentioned for. What personal or global significance is this information you have uncovered.
To hide all of that info the way it was hidden ,would lean towards importance.