Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

DownUnderNZer

Said it before - comes down to "variables" and "free will".

Exactly what that article writes really.

"Variables" like "taking the wrong street" and things that are not in anyone's control like "natural disasters".

However, some readers are accurate with predictions and more that 70% to 80%. Some have proven that to me in my life.

The old woman that read me years ago, my first real reading really, was accurate to a fault.

The names she told me came in paperwork first, well -at least two about 6 months after, and then the other two later on when going to the USA. And then there were the twins and my father's name. Maybe even my mothers.

Oopppps, maybe 7 or 8 actually. :bugeyed: Point is: She was on the mark with names.

ALL OF THEM - the only thing she didn't quite pronounce correctly, however, was the Spanish name, but she was right. At least four of those names did not come into my life until later, but within a year of the reading.

And she told me these words exactly - I have never forgotten them to this day:

"Two of you will go to the USA only one of you will stop near the border between the USA and Canada - and the other will cross over to Canada".

And it was TRUE.

I was the one that went to Buffalo and my friend, chosen for "Lion Rotary", went to Quebec, Canada.

The two names that turned up in the paperwork were the names of my host father and mother and at the time I went to see the reader I had applied as an exchange student, but was not approved for it.

So, there was no way I knew them or could influence that outcome.

And when I was waiting I did almost choose not to see her because the woman in the waiting room with me had seen her 5 years before and was told that one of her daughter's would be in a serious car accident only would triumph over it to become a role model for other paraplegics. She did not tell the woman which daughter, but wanted her to be comforted that it would not be a true disability in the sense of the word.

As it turned out she watched her oldest daughter like a hawk because she was into sports, hanging out with her friends, and going to parties. Typical 16 yr old.

Only it was not the oldest one at all that got in to a car accident. It was the younger one and she was 13 years old when it happened in a car with other kids and a different mother driving.

She did become a paraplegic for life. At first she went through all the hardships of adjusting and what have you, but then she turned it around for herself by accepting it and making it less of a disability by getting into paraplegic sports etc.

This mother must have traveled 3 or 4 hours to see this reader because she was that spot on.

I was absolutely mortified as I was afraid she would tell me something bad. :bugeyed:

She was one of the BEST I have ever seen in my entire life and she just read the Tarot and photos I think (didn't have any) and I do not recall her needing dates or doing Astrology or Numerology. Nothing like that.

For the kind of details she gave I do not think Numerology, Astrology, or maybe even the cards could go into that kind of depth or insight.

She was AMAZING!!!!! :heart:

P.S. I actually skipped school that day to see her. My father had no idea and would have grounded me if he found out. My older married sister and I went to see her as she was like an hour away from us. She was WORTH every cent! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your message :)

I can generalise because as I mentioned in my other replies, I saw 6 readers and all of them did some mistakes in their predictions (and about my current life at that moment). I understand that readers can't be 100% accurate, but all of them were below 20-30% accuracy. I am just honest here. Does it mean that I don't believe in Tarot? No, I am fascinated by this discipline. I also did some accurate predictions in my readings for others. As I said earlier, I saw a very impressive astrologer. She did some mistakes but she was about 80% accurate, I would say

Also, I felt that I had signs and that it was my place to enter this program, but I am starting to think that there is a difference between what I should experience and what I wished. When you mentioned a ''grand scheme'' for me (better than this program, something more suited), it resonated a lot for some reasons....

If some ATers are interested, I recommend to read this article about predictions

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2013/05/...pitfalls-of-future-predictions-in-readings-2/

tarot_quest

Said it before - comes down to "variables" and "free will".

Exactly what that article writes really.

I am glad you look at the article! The first time I read it, it really changed my perspective about predictions. This men saw hundreds of psychics and said that less than half of these predictions were accurate or almost accurate.

However, some readers are accurate with predictions and more that 70% to 80%. Some have proven that to me in my life.

The old woman that read me years ago, my first real reading really, was accurate to a fault.

This is a good exemple of accuracy and very impressive. I am surprised that she could even say names.... She really has a gift or something to be able to predict future events with such accuracy!

... her daughter's would be in a serious car accident only would triumph over it to become a role model for other paraplegics. She did not tell the woman which daughter, but wanted her to be comforted that it would not be a true disability in the sense of the word..... Only it was not the oldest one at all that got in to a car accident. It was the younger one and she was 13 years old when it happened in a car with other kids and a different mother driving.....She did become a paraplegic for life. At first she went through all the hardships of adjusting and what have you, but then she turned it around for herself by accepting it and making it less of a disability by getting into paraplegic sports etc.

wooooooo! This story is very touching. Poor girl, really. Could we say that this little girl decided (or planed) to experience this situation if the psychic saw it? I feel that I should not complain after hearing a story like this. I am very impressed that she became a role model for paraplegic people. She is a very strong and resilient person :heart:

ravenest

Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions.

I understand the rule that at best, the accuracy reach 80-90%, but all of those readers were far from this ''statistic''.

My future just unfolded lately, and I have not been accepted in a very competitive program that would have required years of commitment. 3 different tarot readers told me that I was sure to get in. Of course, I tried to do not think about these predictions and I prepared a lot to get accepted.

Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

So here is my question: Have you already had a useful and accurate tarot (psychic) reading? Do you think that all of these readers made mistakes on important life events because I was not meant to know?

No, they ripped you off and you got done . How did they know about this job , by themselves or did you tell them - that should be an indication for you.

tarot_quest

No, they ripped you off and you got done . How did they know about this job , by themselves or did you tell them - that should be an indication for you.

That's a good point!

Psychic/ tarot reader 1: She said that in a past live I was an obstetrician and that I also worked in psychiatry. Then I mentioned my plan to apply to medicine and that it did not work out the first time. She said that it was my place, that I did a mistake in my application (in the 3rd paragraph) and I don't know if she got it by chance, but the first time my application was rejected (the written form). She was sure that I was going to get accepted and that I was going to still like it in 20 years.

Tarot reader/astrologer 2: I asked him at the end if medicine would be a good plan for me, and he said that it was going to work without saying more

Card reader/psychic 3: After I passed my last medicine interview (so everything was already ''set''), I asked her in the middle of the reading if medicine would be a good option and she said yes. At the end of the reading, I did not ask her and she said ''I will do a spread to see if you will get accepted'' and then she said ''Oh yes! For sure you will get in this year!'' and she said that I was going to meet a love interest there...

So yes, I gave some info. Now other people on AT would argue that not giving any info is not a good thing. I tried to give just enough information to get a good reading

DownUnderNZer

I doubt whether that mother would have told her daughters what that reader had told her.

Would you?

Her 13 year old was in a car with another mother driving and a few of her school friends.

So, unless that mother I met that day had planned it with the other mother to be hit by another car - I do not see how the 13 year old made such a decision even on a subconscious level.

That was not her own free will or making. It was just a bad accident that some woman saw happen not long before it took place.

And me:

One of those twins I knew later becoming an alcoholic? It isn't like anyone forced it on him or told him that he should be one.

It was his own free will and doing in that situation. Not the Psychic or anyone else.

I am glad you look at the article! The first time I read it, it really changed my perspective about predictions. This men saw hundreds of psychics and said that less than half of these predictions were accurate or almost accurate.

This is a good exemple of accuracy and very impressive. I am surprised that she could even say names.... She really has a gift or something to be able to predict future events with such accuracy!

wooooooo! This story is very touching. Poor girl, really. Could we say that this little girl decided (or planed) to experience this situation if the psychic saw it? I feel that I should not complain after hearing a story like this. I am very impressed that she became a role model for paraplegic people. She is a very strong and resilient person :heart:

olivia1

Tarot is not best used for prediction, but for advice, IMHO. .

Yes, predictions are fun and can be comforting at times but from *my* experience the future isn't predictable with tarot cards. I have spent thousands of dollars on professional readings and have spent many hours giving and receiving tarot predictions.

There were times when I was amazed that things occasionally did happen as tarot predicted. That was probably coincidence though. However, in my case tarot predictions are wrong more than they are right. I will still engage in tarot predictions because it's fun but I think Gregory is correct.

This seems to be something a lot of people on here feel but don't really admit unless pressed. Regardless, tarot is still really valuable in other ways so I wouldn't discount it overall

DownUnderNZer

One other story I was told by a UK friend of a psychic reader somewhere there in Great Britain.

She had a bunch of young 20 something year old girls come through to see her as part of a "birthday" celebration early one night and read each of them separately. At the end of each reading, as part of her custom, she always gives a little card in an envelope with an extra added personal message on it. A Psychic message if you like.

With the last girl she read for that night she mostly told that girl things about her friends and family whether past, present or future etc, but nothing really specific to her.

The girl did mention this to some of the others when they went out clubbing or drinking for the remainder of the night, but didn't dwell on it.

The reason why the reader could tell her nothing about her really was because she knew there was no future for the girl. She couldn't see one. She knew the girl would die.

But what she did say to the girl before the reading ended was more or less:

"You enjoy tonight and have the most wonderful time and promise me that you wont open your envelope until tomorrow". That promise was made and kept.

She wanted the girl to be truly happy.

Hours later that young woman was killed in the car carrying her and her friends - and she was the only fatal casualty in it.

At her funeral (or not long after it) - when some one was going through her handbag they found that envelope still unopened and on opening it guess what was on the card?

Nothing - absolutely nothing. It was completely blank.

So, the question to you is, why? :)

NOTE: Death is not an area readers are meant to go in to at all and for obvious reasons.

olivia1

One other story I was told by a UK friend of a psychic reader somewhere there in Great Britain.

She had a bunch of young 20 something year old girls come through to see her as part of a "birthday" celebration early one night and read each of them separately. At the end of each reading, as part of her custom, she always gives a little card in an envelope with an extra added personal message on it. A Psychic message if you like.

With the last girl she read for that night she mostly told that girl things about her friends and family whether past, present or future etc, but nothing really specific to her.

The girl did mention this to some of the others when they went out clubbing or drinking for the remainder of the night, but didn't dwell on it.

The reason why the reader could tell her nothing about her really was because she knew there was no future for the girl. She couldn't see one. She knew the girl would die.

But what she did say to the girl before the reading ended was more or less:

"You enjoy tonight and have the most wonderful time and promise me that you wont open your envelope until tomorrow". That promise was made and kept.

She wanted the girl to be truly happy.

Hours later that young woman was killed in the car carrying her and her friends - and she was the only fatal casualty in it.

At her funeral (or not long after it) - when some one was going through her handbag they found that envelope still unopened and on opening it guess what was on the card?

Nothing - absolutely nothing. It was completely blank.

So, the question to you is, why? :)

NOTE: Death is not an area readers are meant to go in to at all and for obvious reasons.

that is awful. If she truly saw that coming (and believed it) it is appalling that she didn't warn this girl. Do you have anyway for us to verify that this actually happened? I would imagine something like this would have made the news. I think if a psychic really predicted this and her friends knew about it before the accident, they would be telling people about it

DownUnderNZer

It was discussed in a Psychic Medium chat forum, so don't know if it can be verified or not. :D:D:D But I tend to believe it was true as everyone present was Psychic or a Medium etc and I think it was all about "ethics" and so forth.

It came out through her friends.

An old woman in Melbourne, Australia, was told by a Psychic she would die within 6 to 8 months and was still alive and kicking a year later.

Not sure if I read that somewhere or was told it, but some things are BEST not disclosed for ethical reasons.

Is there a way to verify this? that is awful. She couldn't warn the girl to be careful? If she truly saw that coming (and believed it) it is appalling that she didn't warn this girl. I am amazed but not in a good way. However, if this was true I would believe that this would've been on the news

olivia1

It was discussed in a Psychic Medium chat forum, so don't know if it can be verified or not. :D:D:D But I tend to believe it was true as everyone present was Psychic or a Medium etc and I think it was all about "ethics" and so forth.

An old woman in Melbourne, Australia, was told by a Psychic she would die within 6 to 8 months and was still alive and kicking a year later.

Not sure if I read that somewhere or was told it, but some things are BEST not disclosed for ethical reasons.

In a perfect world, people would be bound by ethics. Sadly it's not a perfect world. I wish there was a way to verify that story. As disturbing as it is that the psychic didn't try to warn the girl, it would be very interesting if it turned out to be true. I think Her gift would be magical and we need more of that in the world :)