World Tarot Day

Cat*

nisaba said:
As on one or two previous World Towel Days, it will travel the whole day draped over my left shoulder, casually but conspicuously. Then, with a flourish, I will flick it down, spread it out and pull out a deck, possibly in a cafe or if there is absolutely no wind, in a park. Certainly around maximum people.

Hey! I might even take a sign offering readings-by-donation, to be passed on to the charity of my current choice! The proviso will be that in every single reading, I'll have to find a pretext to say, in the vocal equivalent of large, comforting letters, "Don't Panic". (Or, perhaps, "mostly harmless").

Towel Readings could become a minor tradition.

I'm insane enough to make it work.
Please travel to where I am. We have a nice large-ish park nearby where you could do that flourish-flick thing several times and nobody will know you did it before. I'd find the best coffee spot in town for you in exchange (bring your camera, so you can include fancy pics of foreign coffees in your Book of Froth). "Keine Panik," I can also do translations if necessary. I promise, they'll be "überwiegend harmlos."

I'll bring my own towel. I have original towels from the 1970s. The colors are appropriately scary.

gregory said:
T-shirts. I wonder if this is the day to bring out the one that is seriously risky to wear in the UK now - "Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society..."
*jumping up and down* I know exactly what it looks like! I've always wanted that as a sew-on patch! :D You could maybe come over, too? I don't have any standard geek-wear myself, but I do own a T-shirt that says "sublime mutation." Would that make me worthy of your company?

For dungeons I could offer a local choice between an SM place and a product of the entertainment industry with "Dungeon" in its name. })

Please?

Rev_Vesta

Reading posts couldn;t stop laughing...

Towels and Tarot day...... going to have to get a towel that relates to a Tarot card...........

have my Business T-shirt with Tarot/Oracle Readings .on it and my contact details...........etc....(see my website) lol .......

maybe I can make sure i have my cards in my bag with the towel......could be the day.....lol

nisaba

Cat* said:
We have a nice large-ish park nearby where you could do that flourish-flick thing several times and nobody will know you did it before.

<grin> But I'd have to speak German! My German is pathetic (but extraordinarily well-pronounced!) And ... And ... And ... and depending on what city you;re in, I might run into <gasp> RELATIVES!

However, I calm myself down in the sure and certain knowledge that we wouldn't recognise each other. I haven't seen photos of any of them for 40-odd years.

Cat* said:
I'd find the best coffee spot in town for you in exchange (bring your camera, so you can include fancy pics of foreign coffees in your Book of Froth).

Oh, cool! German coffee! Now, what would that be in the Oracular system ... hmmm ... most German houses start off the coffee pot first thing in the morning and keep it going all day, nicht wahr? Well, it would have to be the Card of Consistency!

Cat* said:
"Keine Panik," I can also do translations if necessary. I promise, they'll be "überwiegend harmlos."

<hysterical laughter> And I'd have to have printed for the trip a tee-shirt that says on the back in big, comforting letters "Keini Panik" and on the front (perhaps with an image of a Tarot World card) "überwiegend harmlos".

Come to that, that's be a fabulous tee-shirt in Australia, too. And especially if I ever go to Adelaide (large German-speaking population there, it's where the ship that brought my mother docked).

Cat* said:
I don't have any standard geek-wear myself, but I do own a T-shirt that says "sublime mutation." Would that make me worthy of your company?

<falls about laughing>

Marcia959

Seems like there should be towels printed up with World Tarot Day and it would cover everything. Well, a hand towel doesn't cover EVERYthing, but I think you understand...

nisaba

<evil grin> Who among us is in the fabric printing business? I personally am inclining to graffiti-ing my Sun towel with the Roman numerals XIX myself, and leaving it at that.

One month to go, folks! Get busy!

KSPisces

nisaba said:
<evil grin> Who among us is in the fabric printing business? I personally am inclining to graffiti-ing my Sun towel with the Roman numerals XIX myself, and leaving it at that.

One month to go, folks! Get busy!

I personally LOVE the idea of your graffitied Sun towel, though I would probably opt for an iron on XIX. ;)

Though I'm also the type of person who would tie it around my neck and pretend to be a Tarot Reading Superhero all day wearing my Cape of Destiny... which also doubles as a towel in case of emergencies.

But that's just me. :D

Marcia959

OK don't know if you guys have anything like a Michaels out there (monster craft store) but you can get paper for your inkjet printer that creates an iron-on (be sure to flip the image so it doesn't come out backwards). So terrycloth isn't the best background for this, but there are dishtowels out there that can be easily ironed-on and Voila! Your very own personal World Tarot Day Towel!

Please be sure not to violate copyright.

gregory

Copyright schmopyright.

Excuse me. })

But I really don't think a world tarot hitchhiker towel is going to upset anyone - anyway, 10% for study or research should cover it; I shall study ANYTHING I use VERY well indeed. :D

Maybe write a PhD on it.....

SphinYote

So, who wants to design a 42 card tarot spread in honor of this momentous occasion.

Whoever's capable of doing such a thing should under no circumstances be allowed to do it.