World Tarot Day

SphinYote

Poster design:

Tarot Readings: Mostly Harmless

Starshower

Brilliant!!! :)

How about a Page of Cups with the caption: "So long, & thanks for all the fish"?

Or "A Hitchikers' Guide to..." + a credited Nasa galaxy pic from the Quantum?

gregory

*So long - and thanks for all the decks....*

Cat*

nisaba said:
<grin> But I'd have to speak German! My German is pathetic (but extraordinarily well-pronounced!) And ... And ... And ... and depending on what city you;re in, I might run into <gasp> RELATIVES!

However, I calm myself down in the sure and certain knowledge that we wouldn't recognise each other. I haven't seen photos of any of them for 40-odd years.
Since I insist on following you around that day, you'll also always have me to distract them away from you. :D "Look! A spaceship!"

I can also bring poetry. :D (Non-Vogon, but possibly still somewhat painful.)

Oh, cool! German coffee! Now, what would that be in the Oracular system ... hmmm ... most German houses start off the coffee pot first thing in the morning and keep it going all day, nicht wahr? Well, it would have to be the Card of Consistency!
Yuck. But I'm afraid you got that wrong. I'll show you True German Coffee:
- tiny image with perfect pot
- you could even make it in the park!
And this is Amalie Auguste Melitta Bentz, the (German) woman who invented the coffee filter. You could make this into a whole feminist geek research trip! World Tarot Day AND Towel Day AND visiting the birth country of someone Very Relevant to your Coffee Oracle!

<hysterical laughter> And I'd have to have printed for the trip a tee-shirt that says on the back in big, comforting letters "Keini Panik" and on the front (perhaps with an image of a Tarot World card) "überwiegend harmlos".
I suggest the Manara World. :D

Come to that, that's be a fabulous tee-shirt in Australia, too. And especially if I ever go to Adelaide (large German-speaking population there, it's where the ship that brought my mother docked).
Feel free to use the idea! And thanks for teaching me something new, I wasn't aware that Germans were gathering in Adelaide (I hope they're the nice sort of Germans).

I suggest the making of a Towel Tarot for the occasion. With some extra majors thrown in. Printed on 2 x 42 dishtowels. :D Nisaba, you have some spare time, don't you? })

Sheri

I was already planning on using my Pittsburgh Steelers Terrible Towel for the occasion. The back isn't printed so it's possible in future years' celebrations I could applique images of Tarot cards on the back...

I think I need to take that day off also! :D

:love: Sheri

Sumada

nisaba said:
World Tarot Day is coming up on the 25th May. coincidentally, World Towel Day, celebrating Arthur Dent and his towel from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, is coming up on the same day. Hitchhikers' afficionadoes the world over will be carrying their towels with them, visibly, for the whole day, on public transport, at work, etc.

I plan on celebrating both days in style. I plan on carrying my Towel - and at some stage, in full view of the passing public, pulling out a Tarot deck and doing a reading on my Towel.

Do I have company in this noble intention?

This is all sounds really good, but can you please enlighten me, by whom and when was 25th May designated World Tarot Day. Some background would be most appreciated!
Sumada

cardlady22

A search for 'World Tarot Day' turns up a URL with basic comments and links to organizations that are sponsoring/supporting it, as well as a LiveJournal blog by the organizer. (But I don't know who it is.) The blog mentions a previous site hack and the need to re-do information.

May 25th is an interesting choice, card-wise.
Decan: Eight of Swords
Playing Card Calendar: Seven of Clubs
Sabian Symbols: 3 - 5 Gemini or 4 - 6 Gemini, depending on Leap Year, etc.

nisaba

<deleted for more than usual idiocy>

nisaba

SphinYote said:
So, who wants to design a 42 card tarot spread in honor of this momentous occasion.

Whoever's capable of doing such a thing should under no circumstances be allowed to do it.
<grin> And who's going to stop me? It's after midnight - let the idea sit with me for a while ...

nisaba

Cat* said:
Since I insist on following you around that day, you'll also always have me to distract them away from you. :D "Look! A spaceship!"
Er ... There's the little matter of the air fares and the passport. Still, I suppose I could jump a passing space ship.

Cat* said:
And this is Amalie Auguste Melitta Bentz, the (German) woman who invented the coffee filter.
<winces> <peeks between fingers> Pheew! It is NOT my Tante Melitta!

Cat* said:
You could make this into a whole feminist geek research trip! World Tarot Day AND Towel Day AND visiting the birth country of someone Very Relevant to your Coffee Oracle!
You know, Katzchen, that's quite possibly the most seductive idea anyone's voiced around me in years.

Cat* said:
Feel free to use the idea! And thanks for teaching me something new, I wasn't aware that Germans were gathering in Adelaide (I hope they're the nice sort of Germans).
They've been doing it for decades - my mother came out in 1957 or 1958. They have their own Oktoberfest complete with Heinekens and Wurst and schinkelbrot and sauerkraut ... you name it. And they wear dreadful Lederhosen and sing dreadful Cherman songs and don't like it when not-so-ignorant Australians sing the Horst Wessel song. <wince - that was my father!>

Cherman food, wine, beer and language. Painful, really. When I migrated cross-continent, I made a point of avoiding Adelaide.

Cat* said:
I suggest the making of a Towel Tarot for the occasion. With some extra majors thrown in. Printed on 2 x 42 dishtowels. :D Nisaba, you have some spare time, don't you? })
<splutter> TIME??? You're having a laugh.