The Vulpine Tarot

cardlady22

Are you planning on doing full costumes for them? Or perhaps just an article or two related to an area of the body that is associated with a particular element's signs? Might not work, but it's an idea.

Mabon-Tail

I think it'll be easier in the long run to do full costumes. I've been planning for each of the four suits to have their own costume theme based on their environment. Even the breeds of fox I use will be dependent on place setting. For example, the Pentacles will be set in the forests, wands in open fields, swords in the mountains, and cups on islands or near coasts. I have ideas for some outfits, but they're not quite there. Perhaps I could look up a few clothing patterns from McCall's or Simplicity. That'll help out a whole lot! :D

cardlady22

Pattern catalogs, absolutely! The ones for Halloween costumes usually have a great variety of themes & styles.

Mabon-Tail

Mabon-Tail said:
I've not yet decided on which card I should go for next, but I am currently working on costume templates for my Minor Arcana characters. I need to get some practice with clothing... Can't make them all skyclad! ^w^; If you have any ideas for outfits in my deck, feel free to share them with me if you'd like.
I posted my first of twelve outfit concept sketches on deviantART. After seeing the dress, which card suit would you most likely find it in? Pentacles, Wands, Swords, or Cups?

Note that my deck is one of those decks where the wands are tied to air, and the swords are tied to fire.

cardlady22

I think that depending on how you color and texture it, this first dress looks like earth or air. When I think of water, I see a full-length dress. For the fire, I always think of a mini- like the small sparks and tongues of a fire popping up and dissipating. But, I am no great judge of fashion! :grin:

Mabon-Tail

Outfit Sketches, Part Deux

Well, the second outfit concept sketch is up. As before, in what suit would you most likely see this dress? I might think it could go well with the Swords.

cardlady22

Oh, I love this 2nd one! Fire -> Swords -> Pirates! Hmmm, the mountain setting would imply gypsy though. That works too.

I'd wear this myself!

Mabon-Tail

Hey, I just recently posted a draft of Temperance. As always, if you have any ideas or thoughts about the card, feel free to share them! :D

cardlady22

Very cool! I like that you picked the cauldron.