card clutter -- or not?

Hedera

Thank you for the tip, SunChariot!

That one wasn't on my radar before.
The concept sounds and looks interesting, but I'm not too sure how keen I would be on the artwork; I think it's one of those cases where I would have to see it up close to be sure.

I'll keep an eye out for it, anyway!

pasara

Hi Everyone. I just discovered this old thread has been resurrected. I appreciate all your comments. I did mean copyright and not advertising. Also, for me titles are fine (King of Swords, The Fool, 3 of Cups, etc) it is when they give a Word or phrase that the 3 of Cups is supposed to mean that I find insufferable. Ignoring I find not really an option. I am a word person and they jump at me and color what I otherwise see, but also because I feel they were put there for a reason by the creator of the deck and therefore as valid as other parts of the image would be. But have to say, those decks stay in the cabinet most of the time. Thanks for all the input. Interesting to see how others are affected.

vee

Some of my favorite decks have keywords that can't be trimmed away: the Gill, for instance. Doesn't bother me! If I'm not in the mood for that, I've got plenty other decks.

Copyright doesn't bother me either. I'm also not a person bothered much by cardstock. I've only been collecting seriously for about a year now though, maybe all these things change with experience and exposure.

Cassandra022

occasionally there is a deck where i can appreciate the key words. like thoth. and navigators of the mystic SEA.

mostly, though, keywords = fodder for trimming :D

Morwenna

I don't trim decks; I wouldn't trust myself not to mess things up. :)

Color coding I think is rather cool. :D

And I hardly notice the USGames copyright thing.

So I would be careful about the decks I get, regarding words, as I said in my previous post, with the addition of what I'm saying in this one.