Diary of a Broken Soul

Which layout would you prefer in a tarot deck?

• Traditional Tarot Titles for Majors and Pips

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Numbered Majors with Playing card numbering for the Pips

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sacredashes

If it tilts toward the tarot option, it will be smaller. Poker card size and borderless. The titles would probably be closer to the Adam McLean Majors only LE version.

The card stock would not be as good as both the LE Majors Only as well as the LE full deck version. Then again, the cost to purchase this smaller print-on-demand version would be a lot less as compared to the LE.

The feedback helps to get an idea of what would appeal to friends of my world; folks who would use this deck in their readings.

That RPG thing is so bloody tempting to try out though. }) Grrrrr.....

gregory

PLEASE tell me you wouldn't even THINK of going via that weird site that prints poker sized decks on demand and gets the cards off centre and stuff..... Your art is worth more than that.

sacredashes

gregory said:
PLEASE tell me you wouldn't even THINK of going via that weird site that prints poker sized decks on demand and gets the cards off centre and stuff..... Your art is worth more than that.

LOL.. why, gregory.. that was the site I was thinking of doing the RPG with... then I thought of the tarot versions.. then RPG... so bloody confused.

So that site is not a good printer to work with? Good thing you mentioned that to me... I thought it was the layout problem and not the printer that made the off-center thingy happen.

hhhhmmmm.... :D good thing I came here first then.

:heart:

callistoluna

Personally Ash, I would rather pay a little bit more for something well done than for a badly printed deck. I have your LE one with the house building feature and it is beautiful. Yes, it was expensive but it was well done.

Reducing the size and making it more readily available is a good idea but I agree with Gregory on this one - your artwork is worth more than being printed on cheap card stock.

I suppose if it's print on demand, you could experiment and get a couple of samples done to see what they end up looking like? If they do that (have no idea, again just thinking aloud!)

midniteeye

i like unnumbered borderless majors as well, in fact i can probably do away with the names also, so everyone can be happy. my only concern is that it takes extra precision in terms of both cutting and printing to do borderless, and i am just not sure an online printer on demand who cannot even print regular poker cards right can pull it off.

that being said, i probably won't be interested in the cheaper version of the diary of the broken soul, since i am perfectly happy with my le full deck version. if anything, i would probably explore into the possibility of buying an adam mclean majors only set or another le full deck so i can build houses without fear, before i would consider a poker sized mass market version.

there is just something with the extra large diary of a broken soul cards. you can feel the craftsmanship when you hold the cards, and frankly speaking, i really don't believe it will translate well into the cheaper production, because size do matter.

btw, ash, can you please advise if there are still le full deck available for purchase? both the regular version and the save your friend fund version? thank you very much.

midniteeye

ash, i am so happy that you are able to pursue your dream as an tattoo apprentice. all of us have dreams, but very few of us have the determination to actually go after it. next time when i visit my friends in singapore, perhaps i can schedule an appointment to be inked by you. the sanscrit like writing you used to write on my diary of a broken soul box is just so mesmerizing that i wouldn't mind having a few inked on my body.

flying black kat

Dearest Ash:

My 2 cents is I am so pleased and love the LE and The Majors only of the Diary. I doubt if any print on demand can actually do justice to the art or the the feelings of the Diary. Your decks come alive for me and Peter when we look at them, and use them. They are so exquisicet. (Gotta learn how to spell this word.) I cannot imagine not having them.

I wish you good luck in becoming a tattoo artist. I am sure the Diary inhabitants will find their way onto a persons body who love and appreciate the Diary.

Be at Peace

Kathy

sacredashes

:* The feedback have been more than helpful, everyone... especially your honesty, callistoluna. Glad I posted this thread instead of jumping in feet first. :D

Plus I appreciate you guys liking my work enough to pay more for it than less so am very humbled by that...

...midniteeye, the house building feature is something I hope to see more people using in this deck. Not only for readings as I have kept my 8 year old nephew occupied for hours building his own castle. Enjoyed watching him figure out dimensions, decide which direction he wanted to go with (upwards or sideways) and his frustration when the structure collapses...

Do PM me to make arrangements if you wish to get an extra deck for house building... and about the tattoo... It would be my honor once I get good enough ;)

*Kat and Peter*

Will always remember you both with fondness and the email you sent me regarding The Diary. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every time I think of you. :heart:

Ash

gregory

sacredashes said:
LOL.. why, gregory.. that was the site I was thinking of doing the RPG with... then I thought of the tarot versions.. then RPG... so bloody confused.

So that site is not a good printer to work with? Good thing you mentioned that to me... I thought it was the layout problem and not the printer that made the off-center thingy happen.

hhhhmmmm.... :D good thing I came here first then.

:heart:
So I'm told...

Annabelle

callistoluna said:
Personally Ash, I would rather pay a little bit more for something well done than for a badly printed deck. I have your LE one with the house building feature and it is beautiful. Yes, it was expensive but it was well done.

Reducing the size and making it more readily available is a good idea but I agree with Gregory on this one - your artwork is worth more than being printed on cheap card stock.

Agreed 100%!!! I never mind paying more for good quality.