What suit best describes you?

Le Fanu

Mostly Swords; over analysis, thinking, over-thinking things but lacking a bit of Wands dynamism. A tendency to think too hard at the expense of the emotions (mine & others'!)

soooooo not Pentacles! :D (by my definition; practicality, pragmatics, the material world, investments, the *sensible* way...)

Egypt

tWO types

It is possible to be both at the same time. Just as the wands and swords are both fire and air. I also realized as i was studying my tarot lesson for the day, that i had choosen cups strictly off of what information is listed below, but when i started reading more into this subject matter , i had realized that cups is exactly me as (water) is a pisces. My sign is pisces!

Le Fanu

To be honest, I think we all have a bit of all of them. I thought that was the deal.

Fly My Pretty

I agree with Le Fanu, we all show characteristics from all four suits during our life, but I think the one that describes me best is Pentacles. It's element is earth (my fav of the four) and i'm a Taurus with a Virgo moon sign, both have earth as their element. I show the best & quite often the worst characteristics of this suit, but i revel in it :D

I'd have to say Wands is coming in a close second at the moment as it's attributes have been affecting my day to day life since the beginning of the year.

Morwenna

SloughSister said:
I would have to go with Cuords or Swups - I love learning and research and thinking and honing ideas - but I am a highly emotional person and really ground myself by knowing my own feelings and understanding and interacting with the feelings of the people around me.

I like that answer! :D I too am Cups with a side of Swords (but I like the way you say it!); unfortunately the logic doesn't kick in when it should. I do have a touch of everything, as most people here have expressed, but at base I am Cups.

Grizabella

Like Le Fanu, I'm a little of them all and I think really most people are if they look deeply enough.

punchinella

Of course we are all a little bit of all, of course we are. But . . . this is a fun exercise anyway :) It's interesting because reading these two pages has made me think a little bit about my gut reactions to suits. For example . . . I've often heard people describe the Ace of Swords as a "positive" or "yes" card, whereas for me it just screams out caution. And, this might be because without thinking this through consciously (possibly because I was so busy blocking the thought, already "knowing" as I did that we all experience and encompass elements of all the suits) I have always just sort of been pentacles . . .

It really is the comfort zone :|

And, paradoxically, it is the real-life domain in which I find myself most challenged.

shadowdancer

well not cups... definitely not the lovey-dovey heart on sleeve type.

coins?? Maybe a little. Down to earth and practical but don't go for the fineries of life. Heck if I spend more than $30 on an outfit I think I have splashed out.

wands?? A fair dose. :D I can get things done even if it is something I hate. My partner will need more than a few hints and reminders, but that can come with the territory of being male. Unless it is gadgety or electronic then he is like a bee round a honeypot.

Swords?? I think this is the main one for me. A nice healthy dose of what the Queen offers is perhaps what I associate with. Sometimes not a good thing (Yep I do analalyse my beliefs, thoughts and words a fair bit and know I have a lot of shortfalls at times, but heck don't we all?)

I guess if I had to do a think through it would be:
45% sword
35% wand
12% coin
8% cup

This reminds me a lot of my studies of the 7 rays of aspect (linked with Ascended Masters/Ascension). I did a ray analysis of myself and my partner and we definitely have very different rays we work with predominantly, but both have all rays present to a lesser or greater degree.

As to what Major Arcana well - none of them really float my boat when I try to correlate them to myself. I guess my friends may be able to do that more subjectively but none of them are into tarot :D

Davina

graspee

I am totally a cups guy. If you remember when J.D. from Scrubs was describing himself as a "sensi" and all that that entailed, that's me in a nutshell.

Egypt

great answers

This is just a fun excersize :) so i am glad everyone is having fun with it and looking deeper into them selves :)