Tarotstones

Chronata

I made these for a special person here by request, and I really like the way they turned out! (though they were a difficult challenge, because the stones were even smaller than average!)

I am thinking I need to make a set for myself, and then a whole set of minors (as pips) as well.

I mean, think about how cool it would be to combine the drop stone casting of lithomancy or sotilege with the tarot?
That would be such a cool experiment!

(and yes, I know you can "cast" cards as well...but it's a lot messier!)

Attachments

• tarotstones.jpg
    tarotstones.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 681

KMilliron

Those are adorable. If you want to go all out, use beach glass, different colors for different suits. :D

greatdane

These are reallly great, Chronata

I love the idea of the majors combined with kind of a rune feeling (well, to me it is). Will you be making this and putting them up for sale? Or was this a one time thing?

GD

KMilliron

Also curious to the size. Can you get a picture of a stone next to like a penny or something?

Cassandra022

These are...absolutely amazing idea :0

Anam Cara

KMilliron said:
Those are adorable. If you want to go all out, use beach glass, different colors for different suits. :D
Chronata, these are wonderful!

Chronata is in the process of making for me a glass pebble set of Crowstones in beach glass colors.
I can't wait!
I collect genuine beach glass, have for years, and I have very few pieces
big enough for a Crowstone/Tarotstones - besides, I love the look of the glass pebbles!

:heart:Cara

Chronata

Thanks guys!

here's a photo.

American penny...average blue stone (used for crowstones) and smaller than average silver pearl stone...
oh, and also the brush I use to paint them! :D

If I do these again, I will have to simplify the designs, because they took forever.
Or if I ever decide to sell another set...I would have to charge a boatload.

Attachments

• stone brush penny.jpg
    stone brush penny.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 426

Cassandra022

wow, i didn't realize the stones were THAT small.

if you ever decided to sell another set, you certainly have the right to charge a boatload (and i am sure people would think it worth paying <3) - that looks like a LOT of work, to paint such nice clear images on such a tiny surface.

Much respect for your artistic abilities as well as your patience Chronata :0

FenestraThought

Chronata said:
Thanks guys!

here's a photo.

American penny...average blue stone (used for crowstones) and smaller than average silver pearl stone...
oh, and also the brush I use to paint them! :D

If I do these again, I will have to simplify the designs, because they took forever.
Or if I ever decide to sell another set...I would have to charge a boatload.
That is Such an Awesome IDEA ~! I always thought the Runes were more like a bag full of the Major Arcana. [tips hat] to the time you took to paint those ~!

KMilliron

I might do something with sculpy... Nothing insane. Heck I've always wanted runes, I should just make my own. :D Chronata I find you to be a source of inspiration; May I stalk you?

Just on the forums. Much too lazy to physically stalk you.