Little Tarot...Quirks

Ambrosia

I just wanted to add that I do have another quirk. I'm obsessive about counting my cards between use. I will often do this before reading, and also after too. And several times in between. It's like I have a fear that a card will go missing or something, and it's reassuring.

Barleywine

I just wanted to add that I do have another quirk. I'm obsessive about counting my cards between use. I will often do this before reading, and also after too. And several times in between. It's like I have a fear that a card will go missing or something, and it's reassuring.

Hmm, see thread on OCD under Using Tarot Cards? You might have some input . . .

Ambrosia

Ha ha. :) I don't mind, I like counting. Plus it does have a practical side. Nothing worse than doing a reading and finding you have done it with a card missing. I often take cards out to study or meditate on or what-have-you, and then I forget I've taken it out.

Schnee

I guess I haven't practised long enough to have acquired quirks but I think it'll come in due time :)
I used to regularly (about once a week) place my deck on my windowsill with the window slightly open so that the deck could be "purified" if you will..
Maybe I should start doing that again! I thought it worked well..in my mind if not in the cards at least! XD

Barleywine

I used to regularly (about once a week) place my deck on my windowsill with the window slightly open so that the deck could be "purified" if you will..
Maybe I should start doing that again! I thought it worked well..in my mind if not in the cards at least! XD

Purified? Hadn't thought of that. Hmm, maybe we should do what is sometimes done in the making of magic mirrors. Place the deck in running water overnight under a full moon. On second thought . . . ;)

tarotcognito

Purified? Hadn't thought of that. Hmm, maybe we should do what is sometimes done in the making of magic mirrors. Place the deck in running water overnight under a full moon. On second thought . . . ;)
ROTFLAMO!!!

Barleywine, you crack me up. :grin:

Schnee

XD Aww c'mon, I felt bad not having all the crystals and cases and paraphernalia to match so I guess it made me feel a little "mystical". Sometimes the deck seemed to get stuck, repeating the same cards or just giving me stuff I couldn't made snese of...so yeah, I let the night wind "purify" it..