Deck of the week Group - Week 3 - 20th -27th August

jema

It comes as no surprise I am thrilled to pick a new deck this week...
The super amazing random org thingy picked out Ancestral Path for me
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ancestral-path/
which is great cause I used to work a lot with that deck and now it has been kinda forgotten for almost 8 years. There are a few cards in it I love and some that make me cringe
(hate lovers - love hanged one)

Essjay

I seem to have been spending a lot of time with Gothic decks recently so I thought I'd choose something a bit more summery this week. I'm going with the Illuminated :)

AJ

Rachel Pollack's Shining Tribe this week for me.
Sort of going from the sublime (Nefetari) to the ridiculous, artwise. The last time this deck has it's workhorse week was 2009.

Tarot Fairy

I just did a deck interview with my wheel of year deck and it told me that it love to be sarcastic, have a sharp tongue and that working with it will be a big struggle! (a strong determination is needed)

Great start isn't it? ;D

(Ok, it also told me that it's perfect for finding answers and working on fears ;))

jema

Rachel Pollack's Shining Tribe this week for me.
Sort of going from the sublime (Nefetari) to the ridiculous, artwise. The last time this deck has it's workhorse week was 2009.

I love that deck! Will be fun to see your posts.

desertrat

For me, this week will be the Tarot of the Spirit. I already know we will get along famously since this was a deck I used often over a decade ago and have always loved it. I was thrilled to have finally located another copy (at a sale price to boot!). It always has something uplifting to say.

jackdaw*

Took the trimmed Thoth on an outing to the playground this afternoon. Daily draw: the Tower. Great, especially today :laugh: But when I asked how well the deck will work for me, I drew the Fool. So I guess it will make funny faces at me and throw a random mishmash of stuff my way? Or will it make me feel like a fool? Time will tell! I think it's more likely telling me that I have a lot to learn from it, and if I keep an open and questioning mind it will make all clear to me. Or so I'm thinking now ...

kabang

I've spent most of today torn between a couple of decks... I think I'm going to go with Dame Fortune's Wheel.

I really feel like I didn't get into the Wildwood enough, but I think I'll set it aside for awhile and go back to it when I have some more time.

merissa_88

I'm going to work with the Wildwood Tarot this week. It will be interesting to see how well we get along. I've only looked through it a couple of times.

jema

For me, this week will be the Tarot of the Spirit. I already know we will get along famously since this was a deck I used often over a decade ago and have always loved it. I was thrilled to have finally located another copy (at a sale price to boot!). It always has something uplifting to say.

I was soooo close to picking this one too, since I really needed something old familiar and uplifting this week. And this together with Gill and Shining tribe are my top three decks :-D
On the other hand just cause they are I let them rest a little longer and picked randomly from an old forgotten one. But it will be a treat to read all the posts...