Deck of the week sign up thread - week 33 -17-24 march

NikkiB

Hi there

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread:http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162344

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3084234#post3084234
Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

Participants:

1. NikkiB - Psychic Tarot oracle
2. DaisyDragonfly - Arthurian
3. Jema - Daughters of the Moon
4. Karmagoth - Lisa hunts Fairytale
5. Elendil - Celestial Tarot
6. Mi-Shell - Gaian
7. Chiska - Parrott Tarot
8. AJ - Sacred Path, Jamie Sams
9. Absestos Mango - Bosch Tarot
10. Pathwalker - Celtic Wisdom Tarot Caitlin Matthews
11. Eyebright - Rosetta
12. Penthasilia - All Hallows tarot and Graven Images oracle
13. Vee - Gill
14. VGimlet - Wildwood
15. Goldenwolf - Golden Dawn Ritual tarot
16. Nerys - PoMo Tarot
17. Bodhiseed - Daughters of the Moon paired with the Raven Cards

DaisyDragonfly

Thanks for opening the thread NikkiB :)

Random number generator has spoken and this week's deck is..... Arthurian!

Hurrah :D I've barely used it since I got it, but I don't know why. I like it. Plus it is very different from the Ludy Lescot. My eyes and mind need the contrast.

No idea if I can read with it, mind, or how to work with it. I think I've been so busy seeing it as a spiritual journey type thing, I've forgotten it's also tarot.

We'll see...

jema

Big, bold, beautiful Daughters of the moon.
I dodged this one long enough.

Karmagoth

Lisa Hunts Fairy Tale Tarot for me.

Elendil

Celestial Tarot

:)

Mi-Shell

OK: guys;
I need another week.
I feel rushed through things.
I feel, as if something is barely opening itself up to me – and then it is already time to rush on.
The Gaian: At first I did not like the cards, but then, yesterday morning, when I shuffled them after having drawn my card of the day I did my “other exercise” with new decks:
Shuffle openly and feel, sense, by getting fleeting glimpses of the images, which one my subconscious latches onto. Take that card and meditate with it.
And another one: In the evening, go through the deck and see, which card best fits the day – visually.
And, which card would I like to write about????
In that department I still have at least 10 cards from the Tarot of the Origins laying fanned out on my carpet upstairs....

I am not ready to rush on.
I am having a “week of loose ends”

Chiska

Parrott Tarot

AJ

Sacred Path, Jamie Sams

Mi-Shell, you've expressed your opinions about the drawbacks of 'native' decksAnd I agree whole heartedly! I think our opinions about what's true and what's myth, and what is just a pack of lies ignored for the sake of the sale are valid for just about any theme deck you can name :)

But I've been thinking about Your valued opinion, and this deck in particular for months. I was in a really hard place last time I used it (and last week's Shaman's Oracle) and it kicked my butt in all the ways I needed and probably none of it had anything to do with Native. My decks pull out of me what is needed, rather than place faulty information in. That is the gift I wish everyone to receive from their decks, regardless of their theme.

So I once again invite Jamie to kick my butt because I think it will be one of those weeks when I'll need what is given to me desperately.

Asbestos Mango

Bosch Tarot for me this week.

Ought to be very interesting.

PathWalker

Celtic Wisdom Tarot Caitlin Matthews for me.