Where do you read?

gypsiejones71

I read here. This is my gazebo i put up in the spring and leave up til early autumn. Its so relaxing in there. Its great for tarot and meditating with incense.

Attachments

• 2011-04-10 18.31.55.jpg
    2011-04-10 18.31.55.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 69

nisaba

Where do you read?

At work, usually. But I'm quite happy to read at McDonalds or even in my mechanic's workshop, spreading cards over the warm, dusty bonnet of my car.

I refuse to read outdoors. That pesky wind *always* picks up and throws around my cards.

tarotbear

I read here. This is my gazebo i put up in the spring and leave up til early autumn. Its so relaxing in there. Its great for tarot and meditating with incense.

OH! That is just so beautiful!

Glass Owl

:D You've reminded me of the scene in An American in Paris with Gene Kelly's tiny flat -- http://youtu.be/i6cSzDV64v0 if you've never seen it.
Haha! That is exactly how I feel sometimes! I've been doing a lot of purging in the last few days so that has felt good. I guess when it comes to small spaces one has to be resourceful. I've cleared off the living room table - and doing a better job at keeping it free of mail and homework piles - so it's now ready for card readings too!

VGimlet

My computer area, which is where I live most of the time at home.

I have a nice big desk I keep fairly clean, and I read my cards there, write in my journal, do all my computer stuff, and read books. It's kind of my spot. Usually surrounded by dogs and the cat, so I have to be careful when I move my office chair, lol.

If we ever get a dining room table again, DH is going to do a sun and moon inlay for me, and I'll read for other people there. Right now we go out on the porch, if the weather is not bad, or in the living room if it is.

Most of my outside readings are elsewhere.

But I have read just about everywhere, this is just the most comfy place.

Sharysa

I read in my living room on the coffee table. Within reason, distractions are good because it helps me keep my focus.

Wintergreen

Alas!

In the house my first husband and I occupied I was able to have an ENTIRE ROOM dedicated to my Tarot studies! I miss it so much! A round table with two chairs, book cases for the decks and books, sound system for music, incense for burning! In one corner I also had a low bureau I used as an altar with a large mirror attached to the wall behind it!

OMG I'm so jealous! I read at the kitchen table either late at night or early in the morning, and even then, I get interrupted...

PrincessPaulina

I'm lucky to have a bona-fide "sitting" room, separate from the family/living room. When we bought this house, my husband and I made most of the remodeling decisions together, but we also each chose one room to decorate separately: "his" room was the living room, while I decorated the sitting room as I saw fit (with rose & white walls, burgundy curtains -- it also holds my beloved Indian furniture, and my "haunted" doll case).

This was all before I began reading Tarot, but as it turned out the sitting room did eventually become more "my" room, where I now read for myself or others on the carved Indian coffee table.

However, I don't like being dependent on having one single place to read, so I try to read in other places: on the patio table, dining room table, living room coffee table, etc.
The only place that I have reservations about reading is on the bed -- I worry that there may be residual energy, or "vibes" from the reading, and since my husband isn't 100% comfortable with Tarot, I try to respect the bed as his personal space, too. In the event that there's simply no other place to read (our household is very hectic as well) I will choose to read on the bed, but only after setting up the lid from a large plastic storage container as a tabletop, with a spread cloth, so the cards are never directly on the bed.

Lately, I've also been training myself to read with outside distractions: for example, when guests are over, visitors walking around, the TV is on, music blaring in my daughter's room, etc.
I think learning how to zone out in these situations is a good exercise!

celticnoodle

oh gypsie! that spot is beautiful---lucky you! :thumbsup:

Zezina

What an inviting and attractive little space you've created in your gazebo, gypsiejones.